iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Just Got A Little Easier For Me

Started by Tree Feller, August 24, 2012, 07:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Feller

I now have a way to handle logs...at least small to medium sized ones. I bought a used compact utility tractor today. It's a 2005 Kioti 30hp, 4wd, hst with FEL and bucket, 5' bush hog, pallet forks, 5' box blade and 5' rototiller.

The FEL will only handle about 1000 lbs but I mounted the forks on the 3-point hitch then lifted and moved a 20" x 11' Red Oak log. It ain't nothing like Jake's big John Deere but it will serve me okay.

I put the rototiller on before the forks and tilled my garden in about 15 minutes. Sure beat that little Bronco I've been using. I've been wanting a tractor for a while now and today is the day.   8)

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

cutterboy

Congradulations!  8) 8) 8) Every sawmill needs a tractor.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

wood monger

congratulations tree feller, that's a fine looking tractor.

wesdor

You will be very happy with the tractor.  Just be careful with all the weight on the back.  Stay on level ground and keep the center of gravity low (keep the forks near the ground)
I'm jealous of your saw and tractor - thanks for the photo

Magicman

Wonderful news and congratulations on your new log handler.  Now, what are we going to do about those knees.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I enjoy looking at that BIG grin as much as I do the tractor.  :D

Nice Ride.....uh.....I mean Nice lift!  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

Don't you just love that new tractor smell.Congrats,build a nice home for it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bugdust

SWEET! Amazing how much LESS work you have do do now.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Joanie

Nice lookin' ride, now go get it dirty. ;D
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

slider

I'm with magic,put some pants on man you are killing us.nice ride.  al
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on August 24, 2012, 08:55:09 PM
I'm with magic,put some pants on man you are killing us.nice ride.  al

Everytime I wear shorts, my Dad ask me if I'm riding a chicken.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Tree Feller, way to go. I believe you will like it pretty well. I bought one just like it  except standard trans,new just before Christmas. Good luck. bg

hackberry jake

Another handy bit of information, the more weight on the back of the tractor the better for lifting on the front. And make sure the tires are "loaded" (filled with antifreeze and water). That also makes them a lot more stable.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

Nice tractor. How many hours on it? Looks like someone did not use it in the woods much or dig rocks with it. I too would load those rear tires. I have 2 tractors and both are loaded with calcium. That Bronco is a nice light tiller. I have one and a Horse too. That Horse I can not really handle that too well around the plants. But the Bronco does it just fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Nice one,  best of luck and have fun :D :D 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Cody,

Wow, you are going to love that!  First a sawmill and now a tractor  ??? 8).  That is livin'.  Put some ribs on the grill and go for the gusto!

(Just don't take it deep in the woods and get it roughed up like I tend to do  :).)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Nice score on the tractor. You are going to love that HST around the mill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

mad murdock

I could barely see the tractor in that pic! To blinded
By those pearly white filled grin on yer face!  Congrats to you on one versatile tool. Nothing beats a PTO tiller!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Tree Feller

Thanks for all the kind comments. This place is full of really great people.

I'm definitely gonna enjoy having the tractor. Handling logs, moving sawdust, tilling the garden, mowing, hauling...there's a bunch of jobs that will be so much easier now.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

drobertson

treefeller , nice, that is just perfect, many uses, not a one trick pony for sure, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

038magnum

Nice new tractor! smiley_clapping
Isn't it fun when you get new play toys?

Migal

Congrats on the score  8) I've been looking for a FEL as well for log handling as well as off bearing  :)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Sixacresand

Congrats on the nice tractor.  Saw some logs and build a shelter for it. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Norm

The smile on your face says it all, congratulations!

sawmillhand

very nice cant wait to get my log transporter lol
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

Thank You Sponsors!