iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad Luck/Good Luck

Started by Percy, May 05, 2004, 11:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

I just went thru a spell of bad luck/tuff times for the last couple of months. First my buddy Bill took his own life, then my daughter Pam, gets injured in a car accident in Austrailia. She was driving under the influence when it happened(sheesh, I thot I brung her up better....) so her travel insurance wont pay, the car insurance wont pay, she has no money soooooooo...you know the drill. To top it off, the milling had been pretty slow and I was going backwards pretty fast financially. :( :(

THEN, in about a 48 hour period, first, the wife and I won $800.00 on a $2.00 Keno draw at the pub. Then we won a SONY 46 inch projection TV and a leather couch and loveseat total value $7000.00 Canadian. And now with the mill,Im busier than a three legged cat tryn to bury a turd on a frozen pond. :D :D

Its funny how the pendulum swings. It was exactly a year to the day earlier that I got real lucky with selling the log truck at the auction. Im not into astrology or things like that but it makes me wonder. Regardless, Im watching the bigscreen from the comfort of the  new sofa, with a grin on my face you couldnt remove with an axe :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Norm

Glad to hear things are looking up Percy, I always try to remember that the bad times are just temporary and don't last long.  :)

shopteacher

Glad things are looking up Percy. Un, any extra luck can be forwarded to my place.  Just waiting to hit the powerball.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

iain

not heard the three legged cat one before
i'm pleased things looking up for you  :)

Neil_B

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Percy. Glad to hear the good though.  :)

BTW, could you send me a piece of your horseshoe? Just make sure it's cleaned off  :-X.  :D

Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Thank You Sponsors!