iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some recent photos

Started by ashes, August 08, 2012, 12:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashes

Thought I would share some recent pictures I took.

Standing next to the champion Sequioa sempervirens

This guy was 10-12 inches long and I have never seen this type or size. A great find!

These millipedes were munching lichens off these big trees. In some spots they were so thick they were an inch thick and falling down the tree off each other. (Very horror movie like)

This was an impressive patch of leafy liverwort (I am pretty sure). All had grown to about 6 inches tall.

I just got back from Indiana where I got to take some hikes in Yellow Wood State Forest with a friend. Had a blast looking around with him and taking in a very different forest type than what I live around.
Too bad it is such a bad drought in the midwest. Farmers are going to take a hit and in many places trees are showing the signs of the accumulated stress of the last couple years of drought and high temperatures.
Hoping Indiana and others in that area can get some much needed saturating rain.

higgins16

nice pics those trees are huge.

sprucebunny

Thanks for the pictures. I really enjoy seeing the details of distant forests.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ashes, are you really holding up that tree?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ashes

^^ ;D

it had taken to a lean because it was a little suppressed under the really big ones......
just kidding

Riggs

Those are some great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Magicman

Everyone should get a chance to see those trees and the forest that they grow in.  Thanks for the pictures.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!