iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

High Idle Govenor

Started by Autocar, January 16, 2015, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Stopped working on my 300 cummins and with out that being on it is darn slow to load logs with the prentice. So I mess around with it a few days then put a heat bulb on it and it worked so I figured it was the cold weather and that the fuel was a little thicker and that was why it wasn't working. I have a block heater on it and it comes on at four in the morning adding the heat light for the govenor.. All worked fine till this morning and I get on the job and flip the switch and nothing. So I get my tester out and there is no voltage to it so I go in the farmers barn and locate some door bell wire, with a bit of jerry riging everything works fine. Load my logs chain the load down and away I go,shifting though the gears I look down at the tack and mile per hour and there not working. Fuel gage heater fan all dead in there tracks. Had everything else but what a cold trip into Indiana. So I get home and back the truck into the shop thinking I probably should unhook the batterys till I figure it out. Turned the key off and seen the tack jump so I restarted the truck and everything worked fine . So I am thinking now it may be the key ignition anyone else have a better idea   ;D  ?
Bill

UN Hooker

Yep, it might be the  key switch. Or does the key trigger a relay to feed power to the accessories?     UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

coxy

we use to jam a 3/4 ratchet on the fuel pedal of the 400 Cummings  and load like that  :D :D

Autocar

With that high idle govenor it won't let you put a stick on the fuel peddle. When you put the stick on it your turning a 1000 r.p.m. but as soon as you use a hyd. handle on the prentice it will idle down it something to do with the fuel thats feeding the engine thur the govenor.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!