iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things ain’t right here

Started by Woodwalker, December 10, 2008, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timber tramp

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 11, 2008, 07:53:52 PM
Well it's going to rain here again tomorrow, so someone must have breathed hard again.  :D

Sorry about that, Igotta quit smoking.  ;D
Cause every good story needs a villan!

Radar67

Banjo, I lived in Columbus for a couple of years and didn't too much care for the weather up there. The wind and rain can get pretty nasty at times. ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

Last night, the wind began to blow.  It blew like it's not blown for years.  The wife was across town getting her hair done and called me as she was returning home to tell me that she could hardly keep the car on the road. If it got much worse, she was going to stop somewhere and see if it would slow down.

There were noises on top of the house like the shingles were flapping.  The vinyl siding was making all kinds of weird whistling noises and I could feel air being forced in, under and around the doors.

It was blowing like that when we finally went to bed.

This morning, the yard is full of leaves and all of the deciduous trees are almost bare.  The small trees along the driveway are bent over, as if in prayer, and stuff from inside of the pole barn is scattered about.  Gael decorates with hay bales  during the fall and winter holidays.  They are in groups of 5 or 6, scattered around the front yard and various places on the property.  When they get wet, they stick to one another pretty good, especially when they begin to decompose.  This morning the stacks have been blown over and the ornaments, statues and artificial flowers, etc. that were on them are gone.

Has anyone heard anything about Global  wind-cleansing?  I figure, what with the trees being responsible for making the wind and all, that I might have really ticked them off by thinning the pine lot.  If that's the case, I sure do apologize to everybody for the mayhem.

Then, I was just thinking that there was a city council meeting scheduled for last night too.  It might be that all that vacuum (absence of anything) collected in one spot downtown, might have created a great suction and the rest of the county was trying to fill the void.

I'm considering making a movie and writing a book.  What do you think my chances of a Noble Prize might be, Br'er?  :D

OneWithWood

Quote from: Tom on December 12, 2008, 12:14:20 PM
Then, I was just thinking that there was a city council meeting scheduled for last night too.  It might be that all that vacuum (absence of anything) collected in one spot downtown, might have created a great suction and the rest of the county was trying to fill the void.

Couple that with all the hot air coming out of Washington, DC and you have a major weather event!
:D

:D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

PineNut

Tom, be careful about that Global wind-cleansing. The next thing you know, some politician will grab hold of it like global warming and create all sorts of problems like another tax.

Tom

I've been thinking of that, Pinenut.    I think, if we are smart about it, we might be able to benefit a wind-fall from it .  I've been trying to think of something catchy to call it, like the "Coyote treaty" or something like that.

There's about 306 million of us in the usa now.  If we cut down all of the offending trees and hold our breath we could, maybe put this cleansing off for awhile.  The treaty would come into play if we can't hold our breath and let the air back out.  That would be taxable at .0001 cents per breath   Average respiration is a dozen breaths a minute, so a years worth of breathing would only cost you aboute $630, if you didn't jog.  At the end of the year, the General fund would have this $630 x 306,000,000 windfall that could be used as an Environmental incentive, well being able to redistribute this newfound, free, money to the population through tax rebates of about $600 per person, taking care of the overhead with the remaining dollars.  Wouldn't eveybody be happy to get that free $600 every year from the Government?   I see it as a wind/wind for all.  ;D

isawlogs

My thinking here is that someone should get a hold of somebody over in Washinton and get you on board with them financial saviors from tax revenues office right quick ....  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Banjo picker

Quote from: Radar67 on December 12, 2008, 11:59:36 AM
Banjo, I lived in Columbus for a couple of years and didn't too much care for the weather up there. The wind and rain can get pretty nasty at times. ;)

We did get some wind off that little squal.  Had to get a limb off the fence on the back pasture.  Don't want the horses gettin out.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WH_Conley

Won't work Tom, why, makes more sence than their plans.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!