iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pipe

Started by coxy, January 05, 2016, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I have the new insoulated  pex with foam is it possible for it to get water logged  never had trouble before  last year this was not hooked up but it was in the past and worked fine  cant seem to get the water temp above 130 and eating wood like crazy

doctorb

Doesn't sound like a pipe problem to me.  Your OWB can't raise the water temp above 130 degrees?  Something in that stove is not working correctly. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

r.man

In extremely cold weather it is possible to take away more than the fire can produce but most systems can at least maintain tank temperatures. Is the stove new to this location or is it just new pipe?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

LittleJohn

Quote from: coxy on January 05, 2016, 06:40:43 AM
I have the new insoulated  pex with foam is it possible for it to get water logged  never had trouble before  last year this was not hooked up but it was in the past and worked fine  cant seem to get the water temp above 130 and eating wood like crazy

Is the pipe and foam, inside of a hard plastic jacket??

...if you have green grass over where your pipes run, or have water running out the end; would be some of the MAJOR indicators that you have a jacket failure.  Otherwise I would go back and double check all your water temps

Bert

Id shut off the heat to the house and let the OWB get up to temp. The turn heat back on and see what the temp is entering the house. That would give you an idea of heat loss in transit.
Saw you tomorrow!

coxy

the pipe was used for 4years with no trouble  then after my parents passed away last year I unhooked the heat to there house then my daughter moved in this fall and I hooked it back up  some of the pipe is buried and some is not the part that is exposed is cold when putting your hand on it the part that is buried  is about 2-3 feet down the end was  pointed up exposed to the weather for a year with each pipe taped over so the rodents would stay out but the foam was exposed thats why I was thinking may be water seeped in and got the (foam wet  :-\)  yes it has the black plastic cover   today I was looking and I forgot I turned the aqua stat  down to 150 for the summer im hoping that after putting it back to 195 it will be ok  maybe 150 was to low for 2 buildings and could not recover fast enough

Gearbox

Coxy when I start mine in the fall it will eat wood like crazy till the ground around the insulated pex warms up . In a day or so all goes back to normal .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

woodmills1

My house is a heat monster.  If for what ever reason I lose the fire, if I try to bring the boiler water temp back up while the house is still pulling heat from the water, it will be nearly impossible to raise the boiler temp.  I shut down the heat to the house and build a well crafted quick heat fire to raise the temp before I turn the heat back on in the house.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

coxy

I found my issue  in the winter I run my water temp at 200 (my one loop is 100ft one way )and the summer I drop it to 140 well I must of forgot to turn it back up cause the weather was so worm it would keep up  but when the temp dropped it made a big difference 140 just don't cut it with 2 houses on there  thanks for the help coxy

Thank You Sponsors!