iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stump grinding

Started by justintimemoto, May 09, 2015, 08:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintimemoto

So I was grinding a 3' oak today, and ended up finding some rocks. Soon as I found them I got them out, then found more rocks. I then found some barbed wire. Basically it just killed the teeth. How do you guys go about this? Do you charge the customer extra? Also do you make them sign a contract saying that there will be an additional fee if foregn object are found? I could really use some input right now thanks!
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

2006 suzuki rm 125 for sale

GAB

Quote from: justintimemoto on May 09, 2015, 08:04:12 PM
So I was grinding a 3' oak today, and ended up finding some rocks. Soon as I found them I got them out, then found more rocks. I then found some barbed wire. Basically it just killed the teeth. How do you guys go about this? Do you charge the customer extra? Also do you make them sign a contract saying that there will be an additional fee if foregn object are found? I could really use some input right now thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong (frequent occurrence) but i thought NY State law mandates that a contract is necessary for all  services provided.
When sawing I use a contract and said contract states that the log owner is responsible for the blade if there are foreign objects in the log(s).
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

bill m

When stump grinding you will hit rocks, wire, metal, all sorts of things. That's just part of the job. You can't expect the land owner to be responsible for that. Sometimes a set of teeth will last over 100 hours and other times they can be trashed in a matter of minutes. A portion of your hourly rate should be earmarked for repairs and maintenance, which includes teeth.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Climber

If you concern about teeth ruined by rocks - clearly you are under-pricing.
I work in State of NH. The other name is Granite State. We have NO stump with out rocks. To cover my expense I am pricing $3.50 per inch of stump's diameter measured on ground level, plus destination fee.

Thank You Sponsors!