iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are Milk Prices in Your Area . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, August 17, 2008, 09:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

My wife just told me a gallon of milk is getting real close to 5 bucks. Our favortire brand of dairy products, Schepps, has always been higher than any of the others, but everything they make just tastes noticeably better to us. The cottage cheese has a flavor that puts it in a league of its own. Their sour cream and half and half are the same way.

We aren't about to switch to another brand, but it's a good thing we don't go through milk like we used to. When we had all the kids in the house we were going through 1 to 1.5 gallons a day. That would be over $150 a month just for milk. She said that grocery prices in general are getting outrageous.

We might need to get a milk cow, or a goat.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Jeff

Tammy says not on sale, its 3.69  On Sale, 2.89
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lmbeachy

Costs me the energy to get out and put a little feed in the box and then milk the goat.
hotfoot

thedeeredude

Us lactose intolerants are hurting.  3.69 for a half gallon of the special milk.   

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pigman

The last I heard milk was $16 cwt in this area. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

TexasTimbers

Wife just told me the other brands are still south of $4 - it's just that her high maintenance husband has to have his special brand. ::)

She prefers Schepps products too, but when it comes to discussing the $1 more per gallon it's all because of *my* dairy elitist attitude. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Tom

$2.79 at Costco (member warehouse place) and  $3.80 at the Grocery store for store brand.  The local dairy's price, in the same cooler cabinet, is $6.00.

Bibbyman

Mary makes a "milk run" every Saturday morning to a local retired postal worker/farmer in our neighborhood.  She pays $2.00 per gallon for raw, whole milk.  

She also picked up a couple dozen eggs and any vegetables that are in season.  In the springtime its strawberries. The last couple of Saturdays the in-season vegetable was big vine ripened tomatoes about the size of a soft ball.  I can eat one a day.  

I've found that I can drink the raw milk and not have the problems I remember having when I drank the store-bought stuff.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

CLL

Milk in mid missouri is 3.49-69 store brand,  3.89-99 for name brand. Had a buddy that worked in diary processing plant, said they made milk for 13-15 different companies. Just like gas, comes mostly from one terminal in our area,but dozen different stations sell it.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Gipper

In this area chocolate is $4.49 a gallon; store brand 2% milk is 3.99 and name brand (Flavo-rich) is 4.79 for 1% and 4.89 - 4.99 for 2%, depending on the store.  It has now surpassed gasoline prices :o.

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

$6.20 a gallon here controlled by milk marketing board.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sprucegum

I'm payin 3.79 for a 4 litre jug - lets just call it a gallon and be done with it  ::)

Tom

That's a pretty good price, sprucegum.  Around here you can get charged as much as $500 for littering.  :D

Roxie

Say when

Thank You Sponsors!