iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

im kinda new here

Started by lumberlady, July 25, 2003, 02:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberlady

8)i am kind new to this forum and i would like to know if anyone runs the circular mill. i see a lot of you have wm.
just wondering  it would be neat to discuss some things with some of you....  
aiming to please all the lumber needs

Kevin

We have so many you couldn't beat them all with the same stick.

Jeff

Welcome Lumber Lady! Several of us run circle mills. I have for over 20 years as has one of our site admins, Ron Wenrich and many other members. Between just him and I, I think we have about 100 years of experience. ;)

(sorry Ron) :D

Its great to have another circle miller!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Lumberlady.

Yep, there's some circle saw guys on here.  The webmaster is one.  Look in some of the old post in sawmillling and you will find Corleys, Americans, Fricks and whatever.  Just had water driven mill sign up recently. :)

Jeff

Tom wishes he was one of us but I guess we just can't have it all eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lumberlady

we run a corley mill and have been doing this for about 3 yrs now. we bought it from my husbands uncle and aunt and have had a fun time learning how to mill.my husband is a logger and has been all his life so some knowledge we had. the most trouble was finding out what to fix if your lumber didnt come out right. could be a million things????haha  for the most part its been great and i really enjoy it. not many women do this from where i am. i know there are a few here have seen some of your posts.thanks for the warm welcome and hope to pick your brains for some knowledge sometime....

woodhaven

Yep,
I run a 52" circle mill. Its kind of small though after looking at one of the previous post that has a 9' blade. What you want to talk about?
Richard

Haytrader

lumberlady,

Welcome to the forum.
What town in Oklahoma ya'all from?
I assume you may be from the eastern part but that is just a guess. Oh heck, as long as I am guessing, I would say around Poteau.
Haytrader

WoodChucker

Welcome to the forum lumberlady. Hope you have a good sense of humor, I have a feeling it's a prerequisite around here.  ;D

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Buzz-sawyer

Glad to have a student of hard knock university....hope your old circle saw is running true!
  here is a link to some pictures of my mill...Don

click below

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=sawmill;action=display;num=1057247948
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Frank_Pender

gee I thought for a moment that you were the Lumberlady from Yuma, Arizona.  I reckon not. :'(   She runs a wood workers store in that pert of the country. Welcome to the forum.  I run two circle mills;  Mobile Dimesions.   Always good to have more circle mill show up on the Forum. ;D
Frank Pender

Tom

Jeff's right.  I would like to have a circle mill set up here at the house.   I have to travel around town and drag up a chair at several around here to enjoy the  roar of the engine, the whine of the blade and the steady Ka-blam of the boards falling on the conveyor.  It's nothing like a band mill.  :)

lumberlady

we are in the northeast part of oklahoma around jay ok haytrader. we run a 52' blade. nice pics buzz-sawyer.
not many of you run a top saw,how do you cut the big logs?if you have them maybe ive never seen them in the pics.can anyone give me ideas about where to purchase the v-track for the carriage. i have the flat track but hard to find the v-track. we are updating the sawmill and are putting new things in it.
we are having new wheels made for the carriage also. any tips would much be appreciated. im sure some of you have already experieced what im getting ready to do. oh yes i have a great senseof humor and i enjoy reading some of the posts,sounds like you guys really have a good time...haha 8)

Haytrader

Oh yes, know right where Jay is. I have delivered hay over that way and used to go to cattle sales at Diamond, Mo. and on down to Stillwell, Ok. That was back before I had a saw but I would buy fresh sawed oak around Maysville, Ark. and bring back to put in stock trailer floors.
Haytrader

shopteacher

Welcome lumberlady, nice to have you aboard. Always good to have feedback from the feminine side. Sounds like you have a nice operation started and sure you be able to solve any problems that might arise with the information and knowledge accumulated on this forum.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Neil_B

Welcome lumberlady, It's always nice to have some feedback and info from the other gender. I think it's so cool that women are running equipment and such. I can't even get my wife to drive the 3 wheeler or a manual transmission let alone any equipment. :( It's too bad cause I'm sure she would enjoy it.
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

lumberlady

hey haytrader we are only a couple of miles from maysville,ark
 you might of bought that off of my husbands uncle and aunt ;D did they live right by the mill in a log home? thats kinda cool if it was .

Haytrader

lumberlady,

It may have been them as they were building a home right next to the mill. The last time I was there they had it framed up and tin on the roof and the walls were covered with plastic. They had a second generator on the old Cat that powered the saw to light the house. In other words, the only time they had electricity to the house was when the saw motor was running. One of the things that amazed me was the pile of sawdust off to the side. Don't ya call that chain that drags it a green chain? I even have an old picture or two in a photo album of the setup.
Does the name of Gary Chastain mean anything to you? He is a friend of mine and is a cattle trader. He is who sent me to this mill.
Haytrader

Fla._Deadheader

Haytrader, In Arkansas, they call that sawdust drag chain, a "Dust Doodler". ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

lumberlady

haytrader, i dont think were talking about the same mill.we have a blower not a chain that sends the sawdust over the hill and as far as i know its been that way for a long time. the name doesnt mean anything, my husband said there is another mill around maysville so it might be that one.sure do need something under the edger to blow that dust over the hill,right now we do it with a wheel barrel and a shovel. i hate that job :'( good thing we have so many kids at the right age to work ;D

shopteacher

You know the secret for getting kids to work?  Please post it. I been trying for years to get mine to work for more than 15 mins at a time, but as of yet haven't been sucessful.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Frickman

Lumberlady,

It's good to see folks keeping the old circle mils alive.

Frickman
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

lumberlady

its not easy sometimes to get them to work but i think i finally came up with something that works, work =food,money
teenagers love both and it seems to work just fine...ha ha 8)
i have great kids and they really like to help in the family business.but truthfuly they really dont have a choice they gotta help ;D ;D ;D

Frank_Pender

I am with you on this one, Lumberlady.  My father us to tell us, "No workey, no eatey."  ;D  I have used that with both my own children and the 3,000 pluse students that I taught over a 30 year  period. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

EZ

When the kids were at home the 3 girls wood work like crazy, sometimes they wood out work me. I think they work hard like that cause they all had a little weight problem. That son of mine, I pretty must gave up on him in the early yrs. Sometimes we wood let him sleep until he got up himself, and he would'nt get up until 4 or 5 pm. Never seen any body that could sleep 19 or 20 hours staight threw.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!