iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydralics dead on LT40HD

Started by Lacplesis, March 26, 2009, 08:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacplesis

My mill has been idle for over a year. As a result I had to replace a locked up fuel pump that evidently got gummed up with varnish, etc. The engine is running good again, but now the hydralics don't work. Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting it and/or things to look for?

Dan_Shade

Is the pump getting power?  if not work back from there, checking wiring and fuses.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bibbyman

You may want to make sure the saw head is back onto the contact strip and that it's clean and making contact.  That would be the first thing I'd do.  Also check the ground strip contact to see if it's making contact.

Then get a meter and see if you're getting power to the pumps.  There is likely one small ware the goes to a solenoid that kicks on the pumps.  

Sometimes it could be the little micro switch on the valve body that needs adjusting or replacing.

If you don't see anything obvious, call Wood-Mizer and they will step you through until the problem is located.

P.S.  another thing to check would be the big fuse link located in the box beside the battery.  They will blow.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sparks

Verify that you have power on the contact strip and that it stays there when you try to run the hydraulics. If you have voltage on the strip but it goes away when you try to run the hydraulics, then you have a bad connection between the strip and the contact block that touches it.
If the voltage stays when you try to run the hydraulics then i would do a continuity check on the micro switch on the hydraulic valve. You should have contiuity when the switch is activated and no continuity when it is released. If this is good then you have a motor or solenoid issue.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Lacplesis

Thanks for the tips everyone.  8)

I touched up the contact strip with some fine sand paper and the hydralics work. I little sticky at first for a couple of the cylinders, but it looks like I am back in business.

Thank You Sponsors!