iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3120 mods anyone

Started by urbanlumberinc, August 25, 2006, 01:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbanlumberinc

I was wondering if anyone has any experience doing airflow modifications to pull more horsepower out of a 3120.  I was thinking about enlarging my exhaust port to get more ponies outta my saw.

rahtreelimbs

A muffler mod will always yield a better/stronger running saw. As for the Air Filter......never heard any positive feedback on it!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

parrisw

I was thinking of doing the same to my 394 I just got, not like I need more power, but hey more is always better right??  I ve seen ones with two round ports sticking out forward from the top corners, do they just drill a couple of holes and weld in the two small pipes sticking out??

Thanks

Will

rahtreelimbs

Pipes, holes............do what you like and are capable of. Personally I like screens unless the port has a decent shroud/deflector over it. The big key IMO is to get the muffler clean and deburr all thye edges.
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

parrisw

This is what I was thinking of.

rahtreelimbs

Giel

That looks great! Who has experience with this mod, and what kind of power increase can be expected?

Giel
Giel

parrisw

I have no experience doing that, but I have allot of experience with modifying other things, it cant be very hard, drill a couple holes, maybe open up the internal baffle and weld on those round extensions.  I may try this I will let ya all know how it goes.

Thanks

Will

urbanlumberinc

Lemmee know how it works out.

rebocardo

I just bought a 3120, I have to say it is the heaviest and fastest saw I have ever used. It can really slay a log in a short time. I am using it with 3/8 .058 chain. It was so quick, the carpenter ants did not even have time to run out of the log, maybe because they got vibrated to death.  :D

sawguy21

It wont break a sweat on 3/8 chain.  ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!