iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met a FF Member Today

Started by YellowHammer, January 10, 2014, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I met Fellow Forum Member, Hunt22j, who came over to visit today, chat and buy a few boards.  He is a real nice guy, full time carpenter and woodworker, and was on his way to one of the local high schools to bid a job.  He has a CSM and an LT10, and makes some beautiful furniture and live edge benches.  He has pictures on his forum linked webpage. 
Its always nice to meet new folks with common interests, and thanks to the Forum which made it possible.

Jason, thanks for the visit,

YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

drobertson

Pretty cool stuff for sure,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

It's always nice when you me a Forestry Forum member!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congrats, I wish that you had a picture so that we could meet you both meeting each other.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hunt22j

YH- Thanks for the kind words. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to show me around your place yesterday, as well as all the helpful tips/ information that you passed along. I would say I gained a wealth of knowledge during the short time that I was there. You definitely have a first class, and very efficient operation. My only hope is that next time my visit can be longer.

Again, Thanks!
hunt22j
WM Lt10, 36" Grandberg CS mill powered by a Husky 281 chain saw, Ford 5000 farm tractor with front end loader, 6' x 10' site built solar kiln

Thank You Sponsors!