iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Termites in slabs

Started by treeworkx, January 13, 2014, 01:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeworkx

Gidday fellas,
Im a couple of months into my new toy,woodmizer lt-10,
just milled big leaf maple that were standing dead,taking the slabs off today which were awesome and noticed termites having a fielday.
Do i soak the holes  with one of the borate solutions and stack?
Attach my electric fence charger to them and fry them?
Looking forward to some interesting feed back.
Nev

Ianab

As long as they are terrestrial termites that nest in the ground they won't be able to live in the slabs once they up well up off the ground. Once they are separated from their colony in the ground (in the tree stump?) they are history.

Having said that, I'd hit the slabs with a good spray of borate mix to be 100% sure.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

treeworkx

Ian,i thought of hosing down the slab,then attaching the gallagher fence unit shooting 9400 volts down the pith.
How is the naki summer treating you? We are dry here in central california, 10" behind our normal rain year,seems a high pressure system has been over us for a year.

Ianab

:D

What is this "summer" thing of which you speak.  ???

No drought here, we've had about 5" of rain since Christmas, and only about 4 days when it hasn't rained.

But February is usually more "Summer Like".

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!