iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snakehead tree?

Started by drgnrdr, January 16, 2014, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgnrdr

2013 LT40HDG29, 43HP Kubota with forks, home built solar kiln. weak back, weaker mind

Magicman

That's eerie.   :o

Here is a buzzard tree that I found.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

kensfarm

Looks like a dinosaur to me...  must be  a really old tree.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

I bet there are spirits protecting that tree.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

Both trees! mercy sakes!  what pictures these are,  amazing stuff,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Holmes

Absolutely unique trees ..  I don't like snakes even if it's a tree ;D
Think like a farmer.

millwright

that should keep people from trespassing

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd make a bench out of that.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

I'd like to have that for use on the stairs in the cabin.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

LAZERDAN

I ain't a gonna sleep tonite !

Nomad

Find somebody who believes in dragons and you can make a mint with that tree.  That pic is amazing!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Jeff

Not sure how big that is, but if it were the right size, and it were me, I'd paint a pupil on a softball and stick it in that eye hole. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 16, 2014, 08:45:33 PM
Not sure how big that is, but if it were the right size, and it were me, I'd paint a pupil on a softball and stick it in that eye hole. ;D

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drgnrdr

A softball would probably fit, maybe even something a little bigger. It's maybe 15' off the ground so just a guess.  Not sure it would be a good idea to cut it down.  Might be bad juju!  Probably end up breaking it off anyway if I tried.
Here is a little different angle.

2013 LT40HDG29, 43HP Kubota with forks, home built solar kiln. weak back, weaker mind

thecfarm

creepy. Don't turn your back on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

I think he's cute. :D

drgnrdr

Left Coast Chris

It seems like it has more of a scary position to it.  Maybe black eyes with red pupils?    Or...... find a couple of green flashlights for eyes and take your date on a walk there at night.......yikes  :o :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

YellowHammer

I was thinking it would be worth a lot of money if you cut it down and sold it, but then it occurred to me that it would probably be a bad idea to make it angry...
I haven't made up my mind if the cool outweighs the creepy.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Darrel

Not so scary with the eyes!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!