iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Almost a disaster

Started by ozarkgem, August 30, 2016, 05:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

I noticed my head was not hanging level with the mill. I took out a chain link to try and get it right. Got the chain around the back side of the sprocket when reinstalling and bent it. Good thing I goofed up or I would not have found it. I put the sprocket in the lathe and dug through my bearing stash and got it fixed.

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

Not sure how or what got it scewed?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

Quote from: drobertson on August 30, 2016, 06:38:17 PM
Not sure how or what got it scewed?
[/quote
The sprocket should have had a bearing in it. The previous owner wanted to save money (I guess) so it was  metal against metal. surprised it lasted as long as it did. How you feeling?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

ozarkgem

Quote from: Kbeitz on August 30, 2016, 07:03:30 PM
Lot of meat there yet....
You must have some pretty skinny critters there if that is a lot of meat. :D

Kbeitz

Quote from: ozarkgem on August 30, 2016, 07:11:21 PM
Quote from: Kbeitz on August 30, 2016, 07:03:30 PM
Lot of meat there yet....
You must have some pretty skinny critters there if that is a lot of meat. :D

Just pulling your strings...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

larrydown60

Them termites must have been really hungry LOL Nice catch