iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tracked paylogger skidder?

Started by logman81, March 28, 2012, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Hey I was just doing some ebay browsing and came across this neat skidder on their and wanted to share it. Not sure how to post it on here but if you want go check it out please do. Supposedly it was factory built buy international, it has a 353 dt and has a very unique four track setup with articulated steering and gearmatic winch looks like it would work well in wet areas. Just thought it was cool never saw one before. :)   
Precision Firewood & Logging

HiTech

Ya I saw that this morning also. A neat looking beast. lol They said tires could also go on it. With the tracks I bet it would float over most terrain.

lumberjack48

I have never seen one, if a guy logged a lot of soft ground it would be the ticket. Looks like a low hr unit, or taken care of
It would be a low in pack machine

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Ed

Interesting contraption.....I could get myself into some serious trouble with that.

Ed

treefarmer87

that thing is neat looks easy to work on
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

logman81

Yeah it is so cool if I had the money I'd buy it. :D

Bobus2003

Easy on the Ground like the FMC, Just articulated, which i'd think may work against you in tight turns?

Autocar

The way a rubber tired skidder rips up the ground on turns I wonder if you could kick the track off pretty easy turning while pulling a load . After it has some ware on it .
Bill

lumberjack48

I would think if the no-spin is working right it shouldn't, on less its wore out, I'm sure it could be a issue.

If i had the money, I'd buy it just to drive in the parades.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Autocar

Lumberjack 48 if I had the money I would have alot of logging equipment to play with also  :D
Bill

logman81

Guess were all broke loggers! :D

Autocar

Logman have you ever meet a rich one ? :D :D
Bill

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Holmes

I believe it has been on N.Y. , Albany craigslist for a couple of months
Think like a farmer.

jrich7258

Hi,

I am the owner.  It is a great machine.  Know of any history place I can donate it.  Our company has owned it for maybe 15 yrs and was trucked in form Washington state to NY.  We just don't use

logman81

To answer your question autocar I haven't met one yet the search continues! :D Very cool machine would love to own it and put it on display in my yard! :)

bkellyvtme

I don't see it there anymore, is it sold. I would love to rebuild that thing! If it hasn't sold could someone tell me where to find it.

barbender

Didn't you Guy's see the post from jrich7258? If he's the owner he should be able to answer your questions ???
Too many irons in the fire

bkellyvtme

Saw it, PM'ed and emailed him. I just thought it might be listed else where. I looked at ebay and Albany craigslist and nothing. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was posted in another place I don't know of.

I was also wondering how it would be in the snow?

Holmes

My Mistake.. It is under Hudson Valley on NY.,CL
Think like a farmer.

bkellyvtme

Ahhhhh. Paydirt. Thank you Holmes that was what I was looking for. We will see what happens. I wonder what the tracks cost to repair?

Thank You Sponsors!