iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Zetor Major 80 vs LS MT573

Started by gump, October 27, 2018, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gump

Looking at purchasing a tractor for around the mill and woodlot. Mainly will be used as a loader for lumber behind the sawmill and loader for gravels to fix up road. Plus many other things as time and implements are acquired!
Any thoughts on these two brands. I like the comfort of the LS plus a few functions. The Zetor is an old style tractor with no DEF or electronics, which I do like for its simplicity. I do worry about the electronics because initially the tractor will be under utilized until I get to spend more time on the woodlot.
Both these are brand new and are about 70HP tractors.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

gump

NOPE! Kubota 8580. Found a good used one!! No electronics, nice tight machine with lots of power. 
Yahoo.. just the next piece of the puzzle.

DPatton

Looks like you did well for yourself on a tractor. Congratulations.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

thecfarm

Looks like a nice clean one!!
Hours,HP?
I found one that was 8 years old and only had 800 hours on it. :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gump

Thanks guys. 
I am happy I found a good used one, which saved me a lot of money!!. This is a good tractor even though its got tons of hours on it, 5,000!! New clutch and pressure plate just installed. A few new front end parts, rear tires are loaded. Everything works well with no leaks anywhere. Loader is tight & strong. It has been -12 degrees celsius last few nights and it started right up. This 85 hp tractor should be able to do everything i need it for. Super excited as this is my first tractor. The amount of hours do concern me a little bit but you know the story.."clean oil, clean air and clean fuel" should have many more hours left. I won't be running it hard or very much either. 

petefrom bearswamp

You will love it.
My 2007 8540 is a dream to operate and sips fuel, starts well in cold (10 to zero Fahrenheit )
It does take a bit for the hydraulic oil to warm up and function normally at those temps but then I used aftermarket oil instead of the very pricey kubota stuff when I changed it.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!