iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-15 Diesel vs. 25HP (now vs. 19hp diesel on TK1220)

Started by Piston, May 16, 2009, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gshd1

Diesel is the way to go with a lt15 . No complaints with mine. Cold weather has not been an issue. It always starts. Super easy on fuel. 

offrink

I'm a new saw owner. I have an LT-15 wide with the 18 hp diesel. The power is just fine and so far never been an issue. The engine really sips the fuel too. 2 gallons of diesel lasts about 5 hours of run time. I have no hydraulics so almost everything is done manually other than loading (most of the time) so the engine has some idle time. It started in single digit temps as well. 

Typically diesels will out last their gasoline counterparts due to the lower rpms. That said I believe that the gas and Diesel engines run at 3600 rpms. I can't tell you about the longevity. 

Escavader

I have the 3 phase electric you can't even slow the thing even if you tried even using the whole blade in a giant log.thankful to have 3 phase at our location,isn't option forum most I know.
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

bandmiller2

Matt, I would stick with the diesel option as a mill in intermittent use will eventually have problems with the poor gasoline that has been thrust upon us. As mentioned theirs nothing that can touch electric if its possible to take that option. I have a three phase Baldor 15 hp. on my bandmill it runs the band and hydraulic pump and barely gets warm to the touch. Have you considered stepping up to a hydraulic mill with creature comforts, their a spoiler ?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!