iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a cabin with green lumber?

Started by GDinMaine, July 03, 2013, 06:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Slider, this is exactly how one customer does his, 16# felt then sides, it looks pretty good,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ATLGA

what about insects in the wood????   :-\
America First.

Ianab

The bugs that attack green wood are different from the ones that will infest dry wood.

So any bug that is in the green wood is either going to mature and fly away, looking for more green wood, or die as the wood dries out.

Now you could still get an infestation of the dry wood species, once the wood is dry. But that's exactly the same as if the wood was kiln dried first.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

drobertson

My thought on this always boils down to what did the pilgrim's do? wait for everything to be perfect?  they knew how to chink and live, green is green, and dry is dry,  techniques for both, one must know the differences and make the adjustments, just the way it is,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!