iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Lights

Started by Texas Ranger, November 10, 2004, 07:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Y'all have the northern lights, we have these southern lights.  This one particularly is a republican sunset.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bro. Noble

Don,

I'm usually in the milk barn when the sun rises and sets,  but Mon. evening we milked early and I noticed the most beautiful sky in the west-------then I noticed it was beautiful in every direction 8)  Kept poking my head out of the barn door last evening and sure enough,  about 5:30 the sky lit up all over.  

I never noticed this before the republicans had their recent power surge ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

Bro Noble, I walked out of my office a little past 5 and the entire sky was red, had not seen this much in a very long time.  Unfortunately, the camer took time to locate, set and take, and not enough lens to get the whole thing.

Makes ya think some of the hard days are worth while.

I grew up in St. Clair in the Meremac River valley, and used to watch the storms come up out of the north west, and the blue northers.  Used to be impressed just to see such sights, still am, I suppose.  Might be why I;m a forester, awe of nature.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

etat

The same here yesterday evening right about sunset. ;D  Kim commented on how pretty it was as we was pulling in our driveway. :)  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Timber_Framer

I remember those Texas sunsets 8)
The Northern lights up here have been outragous the last three nights! I've only seen them more intense when I was in Alaska.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Larry

Musta been looking at the same sunset Monday.  Impressed me enough to get the camera.  Lot more yellow than normal.

My ridge overlooking the White river NW Arkansas.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

Your welcome. We sent it south to you, left overs from ours Sunday night. ;)

I sat in the truck in a Meijer parking lot waiting for Tammy cussing that I didnt have my camera.  The Sky was colored 360 degrees. We'll send ya a few sunsets now and again, but we keep the Northern lights up here. Yer all welcome to come on up and see um. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I feel jilted.  ::) :-/

My sky turned from a brilliant and clear blue to a gray and then night fell, Ka-blam!!

Bro. Noble

Well Tom,

That shouldn't surprise you--------the sun sets in the west,  and you live in the east :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!