iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timbery M120

Started by RAYGYVER, October 11, 2018, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAYGYVER

First post here. I've been lurking a little bit here and there. Timbery released the M120 just a couple weeks ago. I don't see any threads on it yet. So maybe we can start this one as a review thread.

I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a mill. I was considering the Woodland Mills HM126. But now that Timbery has the all new M120 out, I am sort of leaning that way. Im a total newb to saw mills but I am a mechanical designer. Just looking at the construction, that Timbery looks solid. So does the Woodland. The guide rails on the Timbery look at a glance much sturdier. I like the electric option and the 12'-5" standard stroke/board length over the others in the price range.

Anyone have any thoughts to consider? And I think I read that Timbry is owned by Wood-Mizer? Is that true?

Thanks guys and I look forward to documenting my journey into wood working with my wife. We've build a 3000 sgft building and have been collecting and starting to work with wood. A mill is the next thing to collect.

8) 8)

Thanks for reading.
I fear not death, I fear not to live.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD
www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RAYGYVER

Yes Sir, that's the one I am talking about. Nice looker ain't it? At least from a newbs perspective.

Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

Magicman

I would think from anyone's perspective, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RAYGYVER

Quote from: Magicman on October 11, 2018, 08:55:43 PM
I would think from anyone's perspective, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  ;D
Thank you Sir! Maybe I will be the first one to get one of these things? Hahaha
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

Skipper11A

That Timbery does look like a nice mill and the tracks do look much stiffer than the Woodland Mills HM126, but the woodland mills can be loaded with a forklift because the bunks are higher.  I'm sure you'd be happy with either mill.  And Welcome to the forum.

RAYGYVER

Quote from: Skipper11A on October 11, 2018, 11:43:18 PM
That Timbery does look like a nice mill and the tracks do look much stiffer than the Woodland Mills HM126, but the woodland mills can be loaded with a forklift because the bunks are higher.  I'm sure you'd be happy with either mill.  And Welcome to the forum.
Aye aye Skipper....thanks for the welcome. And I don't have a forklift, so I am probably good on the bunk height.
My plan is to build a horse barn style cover over the wood mill with a gantry crane. I'll back the trailer in under the gantry beam, lift the logs straight off the trailer and place them straight down onto the mill.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

SawyerTed

Welcome!  It looks like a fine mill.  I looked closely at Timbery and liked the value for the money.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Raygyver.  I certainly could get by with a mill like that. Does it have bed extension options?
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

RAYGYVER

Quote from: Sixacresand on October 12, 2018, 08:24:30 AM
Welcome to the Forum, Raygyver.  I certainly could get by with a mill like that. Does it have bed extension options?
Yes it does.
Also I have been speaking with a sales rep. He said they are already back ordered. Waiting list is growing. They have M100's in stock. 
Woodland Mills HM126 9.5 hp with track extension, cant hook, 10 pack of blades + shipping $4047. 
The Timberly M100 9hp + hook + 10 pack blades + shipping is about $3900.
Woodland has smaller max cant size 19" but I get a 16'-11" track.
The Timberly has larger cant size at 22" but shorter 11'-8" track.
Do I go for longer track or larger cant??? 
I can always add track to the Timberly later...then I'd have the best of both worlds.....
Advice fellas? Anything I am missing or not considering? 
The M120 backorder puts me off, as well as its a brand new machine. I'd almost rather get the 2nd or 3rd year release. I try to stay away from 1st model year runs on anything I buy. M120 is certainly the better looking of the three, and looks beefier than them all..
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

Hilltop366

Can't help with your decision but the few hundred spent for the larger engine option would be very high on my want list. 

RAYGYVER

Quote from: Hilltop366 on October 12, 2018, 11:48:33 AM
Can't help with your decision but the few hundred spent for the larger engine option would be very high on my want list.
I agree. I am leaning towards the Timbery M100 with 14hp, hook, 10 blades and shipped for $4065. The online shipping estimate is higher than if you email the sales associate. This combo will give me bigger cants than the Woodland, higher performing engine, and an acceptable max log length. I might add the 5' track section later. Orange aint my color though, so poop on that. But I think I can live with it. Maybe I'll do a custom camo paint job lol..
He said sometime in November before he gets more M120's in stock, they are sold out currently.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

RAYGYVER

Well, I have made up my mind. I am going with the Timbery M100, 14 hp. The blades and belts are cheaper than the Woodland. Timbery corporate headquarters and closest dealer is in Indianapolis, not too far from me. Its cheaper to ship it than to pay sales tax and pick it up locally. I get the bigger cant size but shorter overall length. I'll add the 5' track later if I need it. 
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

sawmilljoe

I have the hm 126 and love it will surprise you how well they work. Customer service is unreal good. It will cut a 22 inch board if you put stops on your bunks and the 9.5 works real well.

samandothers

For the extra money the 14hp looks like a good upgrade.  Congratulations on making the decision.

SawyerTed

I think you went the right way.  More track is relatively easy to add, you can't add cutting width nearly so easy. Never has anyone said, " This sawmill has too much horsepower it's ruining my cutting."
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Tramp Bushler

I was getting close on the Timbery. The shipping was one of the biggest hitches to the gitalong. It wasn't bad to get one to the dealer in Oregon. But the shipping to Anchorage was almost jaw dropping. 
 Then I found a Mighty Mite Band sawmill here locally. So the decision was simple for me. 
 I do like the Timbery Resaw
If your not wearing your hard hat when you need it. Well.

RAYGYVER

Quote from: sawmilljoe on October 12, 2018, 04:14:01 PM
I have the hm 126 and love it will surprise you how well they work. Customer service is unreal good. It will cut a 22 inch board if you put stops on your bunks and the 9.5 works real well.
Well guess what? I had my mind made up on the Timbery. I called and they said the M100 couldn't ship until the end of this month. I called Woodland Mills.......so at the last moment I bought an HM126 14hp. In stock. So, even though this thread was originally about the M120 Timbery, I ultimately went with the Woodland Mills HM126. 
So, maybe someone else will get their M120 up and going soon and contribute to this thread...
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD

Gwhunter

Isn't Timbery owned by Woodmizer? 

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

sawmilljoe

You will be happy with the hm 126

Thank You Sponsors!