iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks to Peter Drouin for his help

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 02, 2015, 07:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've been thinking about banding my lumber to help it stay together as I loaded it.
I talked to Peter about how he does it and he gave me the info I needed.
The Poly strapping works excellent and makes for a very neat job. The customers love it also.

Here is 833 BF of Black Walnut we did today and ready for loading this Saturday,

Thanks Peter.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Holmes

Nice looking yard.   Where's the SNOW?  We can ship some , alot, to you. :D  That seems to be a great way to keep the orders organized.
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

Nice whack.  It sounds like Peter is giving away "Very Valuable" information.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 02, 2015, 07:29:16 PM
Nice whack.  It sounds like Peter is giving away "Very Valuable" information.  :o

Very Valuable Information is here for the asking on the Forestry Forum.  ;D

thecfarm

Good job Peter. See,you can teach an Old Goat new tricks.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on March 02, 2015, 07:49:06 PM
Good job Peter. See,you can teach an Old Goat new tricks.  ;D

If he ain't too HARD HEADED!  ;D

Dave Shepard

Sounds like some thank you grits are in order!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

landscraper

Are you using wire buckles or crimp sleeves?  I use the wire buckles and a ratcheting tensioner, quick, easy and cheap, and I've strapped some big bundles that got loaded with the forks and held together nice and tight.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: landscraper on March 02, 2015, 07:57:26 PM
Are you using wire buckles or crimp sleeves?  I use the wire buckles and a ratcheting tensioner, quick, easy and cheap, and I've strapped some big bundles that got loaded with the forks and held together nice and tight.

Crimp Sleeve. I am looking into Heat and Melt though.

Peter Drouin

All I did was to send you to ULINE.com. Now they will send you a 1" thick magazine 10 times a year. :D :D :D
Nice looking wood there.
One other thing, I like to put a sticker [In the middle of the stack] where I put a band. It will keep the banded wood flat and not round up on the sides.
I have some slings I hang from the forks so I can set banded wood in a trailer or truck with high sides, Without the sticking when you pick it up It would become a round ball of wood and the banding will fall off. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

David,

Band me up some black walnut. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

rooster 58

We tried heat and melt where I worked at a chemical plant. It was a cordless battery type. It was inconsistent for reliability.  I went back to using the crimped sleeve. Now at the mill I use gator strap we a buckle ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: rooster 58 on March 02, 2015, 09:25:50 PM
We tried heat and melt where I worked at a chemical plant. It was a cordless battery type. It was inconsistent for reliability.  I went back to using the crimped sleeve. Now at the mill I use gator strap we a buckle ;)

you have just made up my mind.....no heat.  :D

thecfarm

you have just made up my mind.....no grits.  :D
[/quote]

:D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

He still needs to band me up some walnut  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 02, 2015, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 02, 2015, 07:55:34 PM
Sounds like some thank you grits are in order!

Don't you start. :snowball: :D

OK Goose.......As a great advisor once said....."Don't you start!".  :snowball:

barbender

Quote from: goose63 on March 02, 2015, 10:47:14 PM
Banding goats again  :o

I was just thinking the same thing- what way do you want it goat? Buckle, crimp, or heat? ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Chuck White

Quote from: barbender on March 03, 2015, 01:21:10 AM

I was just thinking the same thing- what way do you want it goat? Buckle, crimp, or heat? ;D

Now I recall, I saw the Incredible Dr Pol band a goat on his TV show a while back.  ;D

They say it only hurts a little while, David.  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Chuck White on March 03, 2015, 06:38:58 AM
Quote from: barbender on March 03, 2015, 01:21:10 AM

Dr. Pol can have the n### off of most anything in about five minutes. :o

Now I recall, I saw the Incredible Dr Pol band a goat on his TV show a while back.  ;D

They say it only hurts a little while, David.  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

Y'all aren't very nice. Is there a Dr. Doolittle here on FF who can talk to him?   ::) ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!