iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

minor setback

Started by dean herring, February 20, 2015, 09:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dean herring

I had to halt work on future site of 3D Lumber. Had hernia surgery today and the doc said I had to take at least a week off work. As sore as I am he may be right. Guess I will do some drawing and planning on the mill shed and log yard setup. Iike I tell my grandson "Failure is not an option"and I have NO intention of failing.Because if you ever even consider failure then there is that possibility.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

tree-farmer

If I could offer one bit of advice, "give it time to heal". Blew out my belly button area a few years back (brute strength and ignoraces strikes again) intestine poped out through hole, scared the crap out of me till I got it to go back in.
Doc put in "screen door" patch, and said quit trying to act like you are 20 instead of 60.
Time to heal is critical to keep from re-doing or making something worse of it.
Slowing down and healing is not a sign of failure, but messing yourself up until you cannot work could be send you in that direction. Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

pineywoods

Dean, Sounds like a good time to go visit. Come on over and you can sit on a stump and watch me saw up a sweetgum, or sit in a recliner and watch while I make some oak flooring, I can show you how to set and sharpen blades, or sit in front of the fire and swap lies stories. 
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

drobertson

Sounds rough, I have always worried bout popping the gut myself, seen it once, not pretty, take some time and get healed up there!
that last offer sounds pretty good to me ;D  too far from you here, and besides you would just slide off the stump til we get some warm going ;D  take care there,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Skidder Kev

I agree with everyone else,  take it easy and let it heal right.   My boss just had 5 repaired and he was out 8 weeks, when we started working again he took it easy for 2 weeks.   He still takes it easy lifting stuff and he will be coming up to 4 months since surgery. 

Kev

dean herring

Thank all of you for your replies. The doc want let me drive until I go back for a check up Friday. My son works off Tuesday and if he is not busy, going to try to get over to  see you Pineywoods. I will need some directions. I will definitely take off myself because I DO NOT want to do this again.

Den Socling

I've had two hernia operations. One near my belly button I could have ignored. One in my groin left me sore as heck. Nobody had to tell me to take it easy after that one. I had no choice. Just getting out of bed and on my feet was a painful struggle for a week or so.

Magicman

I had both sides "meshed" during the same operation.  It took me quite a while before I could straighten up.  Hurt....yeah.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dean herring

Already getting bored. Was wondering if anyone has any pictures of there mill shed and milling operation handy .

dean herring

Just got from the doctor, got my sticthes out, have to go back next Thursday to see if I can go back to work.

dean herring

Doc finally turned me loose. I can go back to work Monday as long as I behave and don't do anything dumb. No way, I DO NOT want to do this again. Been raining so much future mill site  will have to dry out before getting back to work on it. The Forum has been much appreciated and enjoyed during my recovery time ,thanks to all Dean 3D Lumber

Raider Bill

I blew one out while rafting on Costa Rica early on. Looked at what they were using for ambulances,[station wagon with a cot in the back] and hospital... I wadded up cloth in a ball then duct tapped that to keep everything inside that was supposed to be inside.
Made it back to Florida 10 days later.
he used glue on me, no stitches.
Standing straight up was about impossible for at least a week after.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

It's good to hear that you are on the mend.  Take care.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dean herring

Thanks, I am ready to get back outside if it ever stops raining so it can dry up.

BradMarks

I had a double mesh hernia op a number of years ago.  One never "took", after deflating the abdomen, just kind of held everything together - until recently. Hard to straighten up now, even when bending knees to get closer to the ground for gardening and such.  Can you say kicked, cause that's what it feels like.  Unfortunately, can't "re-mesh", gotta go in the old fashioned way; cut and sew. I think I'll quit bending over!! ;D

Thank You Sponsors!