iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Youtube "frick o sawmill" videos question

Started by jeep534, December 06, 2016, 08:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeep534

There are 3 sawmill videos on youtube where the person in one of the videos said there was a build thread on the forum I can only assume it is on this forum it is a exellent looking mill and the videos were posted a couple of years ago just looking for more info

thank You
archie

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jeep534

Thank You but it is definatly not and it is not dave cunningham either lol
archie

jeep534

jeep534

Wow I stand corrected it is this lee. I looked through the photo gallery and it is the mill in the video
one of the videos shows him sawing with his dad.........

Thank You
archie

SPD748

That's me! And just when I thought everyone lost interest in my project  smiley_clapping

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

TKehl

No way!  I read through the whole thing when I was first looking to buy a sawmill. 

I've been re-reading your thread this week.  I've been kicking around adding a stationary circular saw to do the things that the Lucas struggles with.  I've learned so much from your build and the discussions that surround it in the thread that it's like a small book.  Part instruction manual/part a Greek novel about trials and triumph.

You were also an influence in me taking machining courses locally which pushed me to get my CNC router.

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

paul case

I also really enjoyed seeing your progress and I would like to add that your work on set up and fabrication always looked top notch to me. Good job!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

jeep534

Quote from: SPD748 on December 14, 2016, 07:16:46 AM
That's me! And just when I thought everyone lost interest in my project  smiley_clapping

-lee

Lee,
     no, there is no lost interest here.  I have a Waukesha  190DLC (6 cyl) power unit that needs a clutch (PTO) (tt runs)   I have made a skid for it in steel (it was bolted to timbers) and a stand for the plastic fuel tank. (I need to do some maintenance on my gallery here) fabricating a radiator holder and getting it plumed up.
        The hunt is still on for a mill.  Probably a 0 or and 01 as the 00 carriage axles are difficult to rebuild. I have a full manual machine shop but not sure that the bearings could be sourced.

There are many mills lying around and the ones i have ran across so far are 00

And yes thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Happy Hunting
archie

jeep534

Thank You Sponsors!