iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much????

Started by Jeff, March 04, 2018, 08:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I forgot I took this picture last week. Tammy and I were coming through Freeland Michigan and spotted an antique mall we had never been to.  We stopped and went in. About half way through it I spotted this awesome old sign.

Just the thing to fit in my collection. I looked at the price. That sign is still and will remain in Freeland Michigan.

Any guesses on the price?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

$300 ;D 
Edit,David was quicker than me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

I'm guessing higher than the guys working in the trees  :D

Jeff

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

OntarioAl

$ 500
Somebody been watching too msny episodes of American Pickers
AL
Al Raman

Jeff

Lower. If somebody gets it exact, I'll let you buy it for me. :D

Magicman

Oh My, Freeland ain't Free.  

Actually that is not a bad way to price the sign especially if they have nothing in it and really don't want to sell it anyway.  The higher price automatically makes it "highly valuable".  Who knows, maybe they were working in "Highly Valuable Walnut Trees.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good guess Ray, I was thinking the same thing.  :D :D :D

I'm gonna guess about $700.00. But actually its worth about $200 and I still wouldn't pay that. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I said lower there post hole!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

blackfoot griz

$325 but I was visualizing they were working in some pristine Sweet Gum.
Does the price tag include the tripod?

Jeff

$325. BINGO!

EDIT: no, no tripod.

starmac

Quote from: Jeff on March 04, 2018, 10:18:40 PM
Yea, but you also said you would let him buy it if he guessed right, hmm it appears that there goat be brighter than a guy would think.
I actually saw a very similar sign in use. back in 77 I stopped at a tourist trap in Cali where the giant redwoods are, and there was one of those signs and a big area roped off. I stayed and watched a while, there was a guy waaaaay up there topping that redwood tree. I have never seen anything like it before or since.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

loggah

Thats a crazy,rediculous price, i have seen similar ones around here for around $75 and i still dont have one in my collection!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

21incher

It would be worth more with a couple bullet holes. ;D I am always amazed by the prices talked about on American Pickers. You need that to display with Mr Truck. 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I  might have gone as high as $35.

blackfoot griz

$35 including the tripod!

Magicman

Quote from: blackfoot griz on March 04, 2018, 10:46:35 PM$325 but I was visualizing they were working in some pristine Sweet Gum.
You only got it right because it's your sign for sale on consignment.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

They probably paid $10.00 :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

isawlogs

With all the talent, ingenuity that you have, make one. You took that ole rat mill truck and made it come alive, .... make a sign come to life for it :)   :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kbeitz

In my area old metal signs bring big bucks....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Deese

Quote from: Jeff on March 04, 2018, 10:18:40 PM
Funniest thing I've seen on here in a while  :D :D :D :D
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

blackfoot griz

Quote from: Magicman on March 05, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
Quote from: blackfoot griz on March 04, 2018, 10:46:35 PM$325 but I was visualizing they were working in some pristine Sweet Gum.
You only got it right because it's your sign for sale on consignment.   ;D
If it was my sign, I would give it to Jeff and request that you build a custom Sweet Gum frame!  :-)

Thank You Sponsors!