iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please excuse the dust in the air

Started by Jeff, February 06, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Some of you that have been here for much of the life of the Forestry Forum know that there have been changes along the road. Some of them rocky.  I've never been one to sit on my laurels, knowing full well from the beginning that as the forum grew and the internet evolved, we would need to do the same. The changes taking place now, like the new server, software updates and upgrades I realize cause our members some grief, but it is all being done for the betterment of the forum and an outlook for its future.  Believe me, I'm with ya on this. I like the comfort of familiarity as much as ya'll.  :)

I'm trying to make this as painless as possible for the members, but I can see that there is some aggravation. I assure you I understand it because when you are aggravated, you let me know, and I know because it isn't just you letting me know, it is everyone that is aggravated.

There are still some more things that are going to change. It is very important that the Forestry Forum's format changes some because of the fact that mobile devices are becoming the norm. Phones and tablets many times are how you connect with the forum, so that is something I am focusing on right now. I've done a few little things to move in that direction already. Some of you that do use mobile devices may have noticed. I will try to continue to make improvements, but in doing so, there may be times when things are in disarray. I'd equate this disarray to remodeling a living area or a bedroom, so remember it could be much worse. Like a kitchen or a bathroom!

Eventually the dust will clear and comfort and normality will return, so please, understand that I understand.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Dave Shepard

I hate change more than most, but after a little while, it just becomes the new normal. As long as I can always get desktop view on my mobile device, I'm happy.  :) One forum I go to automatically sets the view based on the device,  no choice. You lose so much with mobile view. Their software is poor, anyway.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Dave, I am appointing you my test subject. If you see a change that is not compatible with how you view the forum, let me know. No, you don't have a choice. :D

rjwoelk

It must be a old age thing i hate getting a new ph. They have everything different and mixed up.  >:( :D the younger generation is more comfortable with the formats and take it in stride.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Klicker

I don't complain because things on here are not working right. I figure I have done some thing wrong. I just go away and try agin later. my new phone is  iphone 5c it does way more then I need or know how to operate . But I can read the Forum on it
2006 LT 40 HD

paul case

No problem here.

Keep up the good work Jeff.

Thanks for your work making this forum a friendly, clean place to visit.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Larry

Progress is good but sometimes painful (or dusty).  I would hate to be stuck in the past.

Do what ya think is best Jeff and no complaints from me.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

sandhills

Jeff, I see absolutely no reason for having to explain anything you (and/or others) do for this site, I don't complain and even if I did I'd have no idea what I was complaining about anyway because I know nothing about operating this stuff.  It's fun just to read and catch up with everyone, learn, learn more, and of course laugh a lot (oh, and get hungry along the way  :))!  Thanks for the ride!

Jeff

I've got no issues with getting feedback on problems. That is how I know many times there is a problem in the first place. It would be advantages though, if people would take a look in the obvious places to see if something has been addressed. For example the trouble logging in issue.  I've addressed that now in multiple places and answered a whole bunch of emails.  Every time the cure was the same.  :) If after following the instructions given and it doesn't help. First make sure you followed the instructions correctly, then, by all means, if that doesn't work, let me know. :)

Dave Shepard

Everything has been working well on my S7. If I get logged out for some reason,  I just click on the full site button and back to viewing as usual.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Well, things have gone totally wacky since I last posted. Stuff is all over the place, if it's even still there.  :D

Jeff

Then select desktop view for now on your phone.

Jeff

I know, its a work in progress. Just don't walk under my ladder.

Dave Shepard

I am on desktop, or full site. I'll stay away from the ladder.  :D

Jeff

What is your screen width on your desktop?  Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Dave Shepard

Sorry, I meant desktop view. Not sure how to take a screen shot on the S7.

Jeff

desktop view is normal on my galaxy7. I'm not talking about the link at the bottom. I'm taking about the link in your browser. The three lines in the upper right corner, then go down and select desktop

Jeff

screenshot on galaxy is push power and home button same time.

Dave Shepard

Ok, that's got everything back to normal. I just googled and got the same thing for screenshot.  I just get something about a new way to talk to google.

Dave Shepard

Now it's forcing desktop view on other sites like Facebook.  I can't win.  :D

Jeff

I've done some edits  delete the forum cache and see how it looks

Jeff

Dave Shepard

If I set to request mobile site, everything looks right again.  8) 8)

Jeff

It should look different.  I've got an issue yet with phone view in portrait mode. The new tag column is missing. I have to get that worked out.  I don't like the way the posts look either due to the avatar placement.  A work in progress

Thank You Sponsors!