iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Temporary Track

Started by toyowashi, December 29, 2019, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toyowashi

I have a small mill on a trailer that can only handle a 10.5' log. I'm going to build a shed next year to cut in and wanted to add some track so I can make longer cuts. I just want want to be able to tow the trailer through for cutting on site. Has anyone worked out how to add a temporary track?

SawyerTed

Welcome to the Forum.  I can't answer your question but will suggest some photos would help the fabricators here give you good advice.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

toyowashi

Wish I could but everything is buried in snow right now (hence the need for a saw shed). I'm running a Woodland Mills HM126. I'm thinking of trying to work out how to just bolting some angle iron support by cribbing to the end of mill. It should work, but I'm hoping someone has better solution.  

SawyerTed

The type mill is important in lieu of photos.  Your profile info would also be helpful.  Give it some time.  Somebody will offer some ideas.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!