iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

portable sawmilling in Hawaii?

Started by troutcreekman, January 18, 2008, 12:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutcreekman

Anyone out there know if there is any demand on the Big Island for someone with a portable sawmill (Peterson WPF). Doing a little research on the subject. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Furby

Talk to member Steve, he lives a town over from you and used to live/mill in Hawaii.
Here's his profile: Link

Steve

Hey troutcreekman. Give me a call and I'll tell you what I know. We are practically neighbors!

There are several mills there but from what I've seen not enough sawyers that take milling seriously enough to do it right.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Furby

MartyParsons

There is at least one Wood-Mizer in Hawaii. We sent parts Next day air to that location last year. It was even a LT70.  It was a Ranch?
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Steve

Would that be McCandless ranch? He bought a competitors mill a few years ago and I head when he hired someone with an WM and it cut circles around his, which was still new, he went out and bought one.

I wouldn't doubt that there are a couple of dozen mills on the island tucked away here and there. I knew of practically that many when I was last there.

Furby:

I hardly miss a post here just don't seem to have much to say until....

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Captain

I've got a Peterson Parts Customer who has one on the Big Island.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!