iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm new!

Started by CrimsonCutter, July 02, 2014, 01:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimsonCutter

Hello everyone!  I just joined the forum.  Lately I have felt the urge to saw some lumber.  I have been watching youtube videos and surfing the web.  I ran across fellow member YellowHammer's web page. I contacted him and he recommended that I join this forum.  So here I am!  I hope I can learn a lot and maybe even contribute something one day!
If your not learning...your not living!

clww

We likes new people! Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Tons of knowledge, ideas, problem solving, and experience on here, so stick around.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

CrimsonCutter

ok thanks for the warm welcome clww! I think i will hang around and learn something. Lots of things to look at around here for sure!!

goose63

Welcome to the Forestry Forum we like pictures 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

mesquite buckeye

Welcome ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

drobertson

Howdy crismsoncutter, no doubt yellowhammer gave you some good advice. this place has helped me several times over.  As well as meeting some good folks, from sawing to drying, building ideas, cooking to laughing, as someone mentioned awhile back, it's like reading the morning news paper.  I wish you the best on your sawing adventures.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

CrimsonCutter,welcome to the forum.
I had the same urge too. Buying a sawmill does help out that problem.  ;D  What will you be building with the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

CrimsonCutter

@ thecfarm I am the owner of a large poultry operation. So I will be using most of what I cut for my own farm use.  I need quite a bit of lumber to board up the curtain walls on my chicken houses and place 2 runs of 2x10 on the inside bottom too, as an improvement.  I have approx. 6,000 running feet of walls.  Also the current barn/shed that I am going to dedicate to setting up the sawmill is in need of some repair.  After that who knows!  Always something to be done or fixed around here, lol

manoverboard

TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

Stephen1

Welcome, soon you will selll the chickens and just saw wood..
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

CrimsonCutter

Quote from: Stephen1 on July 02, 2014, 06:49:12 PM
Welcome, soon you will selll the chickens and just saw wood..

That would be awesome!! 112,000 square feed of building would make a great place to stack lumber ;)

fat olde elf

Hey CrimsonCutter ! Thought I knew every town in Alabana, but then I found out about the 2011 tornado...........Lots of Forum members in Dixie....Sponsors include Cooks Saw near Dothan. Our son was born at Guntersville, 50 years ago. We lived in Albertville for 3 years back then. Still have friends there.......I operate a Cooks MP-32 mill and have their Cats Claw sharpener. I presume you are a Tide fan..... Welcome  to the Forum !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

SawyerBrown

Welcome CrimsonCutter!  Wonder how long it would take to fill 112,000 sq ft with lumber?? ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, CrimsonCutter.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Lonely Sawer

Welcome from the west coast. Lots and lots 'O' knowledge here. Just remember, we like pictures!!!
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
Kubota L3130 HST W/Backhoe
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Cummins 4x4 crew
Yamaha Viking SXS

CrimsonCutter

Fat olde elf I am a Bama fan! :) guntersville area is beautiful!  The town I live in was totally destroyed by an EF5 tornado in 2011 but we are coming back bigger and better!!! Thanks for the welcomes and learning to post pics will be top priority ;)

YellowHammer

Welcome to the Forum!  I was hoping you'd join in.  This is a great place with great folks that know what they are talking about.
Feel free to come up and visit sometime, we'll mill some lumber. With you being a Bama fan and with a name like CrimsonCutter, you'll know some of the background of my Forum name.
YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, CrimsonCutter
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

CrimsonCutter

Thanks for the invite YellowHammer might make a little road trip your way when I get an open window.  And your right I do understand your forum name ;D

bandmiller2

Welcome CC, are you planning to buy or build your own.?? Possible twofer, boards and bedding. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

CrimsonCutter

Thanks bandmiller! At first I looked at buying but after looking around I think I am going to try and build my own.  you are also correct on the twofer, I currently spend around 10k per year on sawdust bedding so a mill by product would be very valuable to me.  Maybe I can find a way to grind up the slab that I will eventually have and use that as well :)

CrimsonCutter

CrimsonCutter

can anyone tell me how to post a picture from gallery to thread?  I seem to be having some technical difficulties lol

YellowHammer

Quote from: CrimsonCutter on July 03, 2014, 01:46:15 PM
can anyone tell me how to post a picture from gallery to thread?  I seem to be having some technical difficulties lol
You were pretty much there. You successfully placed the picture in our gallery, so at that point all you have to do I so select the picture in your gallery, and a new page will open.  Scroll about halfway down the page and select "insert image in Post" which is what it will do.  Another way to copy and paste the code right below the "insert" phrase into the post
Here's your picture.
Looks like a perfect place for a mill, and then some.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!