iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alternator belt for 2006 WM LT40

Started by WoodenHead, May 05, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

I was wondering if anyone knows what the number is for alternator belt for an LT40 manual mill.  I just broke mine.   :-\  It looks like it says 3/4L350 on it, but it is hard to tell.  I assume this is a standard belt that I can pick up just about anywhere.  I thought I had replaced it before and had a spare, but then I remembered that I replaced the alternator belt on my previous mill (LT28) and sold my spare with my mill.  ::)

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Should be listed by number in your manual.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WoodenHead

I contacted Woodmizer.  For other people's benefit, it is an A33 or 4L350 belt.  And I did get two.

Bandmill Bandit

The Dayco 4L350 FHP belt is a "Fractional Horse Power" belt. This is NOT designed to drive an alternator no matter who the manufacturer is.  Dayco will tell you that them selves if you ask them.

The belt that needs to be running on the alternator on ALL Woodmizer mills with V belt drive pulleys is a NAPA Premium XL 25-9370 or equivalent (LT40 Hydraulic). At the very least.  

The Dayco 4L350 is furnace fan belt (Fractional Horse Power) and is not even the correct profile for the pulleys on the mill. The V angle of the belt is incorrect for the pulleys so you end up with unneeded heat production and short belt life. Someday I hope Woodmizer reads the many posts I have done on the forum to help people out with this on going issue.

Gates XL-9370 is an equivalent

I think the NAPA belt is a Dayco built belt.

FYI; Fractional Horse Power means less than 1 Horse Power. A 105 amp alternator requires 5 to 7 HP to turn it effectively.        
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Stephen1

Thanks BB i've put that info in my shopping list of WM parts for my mill. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Dan_Shade

I've previously missed this.

My mill shreds belts, I got a NAPA A33 to last maybe a year (not sure of hours).

I've been using 4L350s, but they don't last long, the last one completely shredded after maybe 8-10 hours.  

I had to run out for a belt today and found this thread while at the parts store.

Advance Auto cross referenced the NAPA number (25-9370) to Dayco 17370 13A0940.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Gary Davis

I try to always keep an extra for my lt 40 they dont ever last as long as they should they keep needing tightened and i dont know why they were like they do 

OlJarhead

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 23, 2022, 06:34:28 PMI've previously missed this.

My mill shreds belts, I got a NAPA A33 to last maybe a year (not sure of hours).

I've been using 4L350s, but they don't last long, the last one completely shredded after maybe 8-10 hours. 

I had to run out for a belt today and found this thread while at the parts store.

Advance Auto cross referenced the NAPA number (25-9370) to Dayco 17370 13A0940.

Is the A33 the same belt?  I actually see different references to size of each but the original belt I have is an A33 according to the markings on it though I think it says "Woodmizer A33" (I need to go back and look).

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

OlJarhead

Of course mine us a 2016 but it dies say Wood-Mizer A33 so I'm good.
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!