iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arky's peckerpole

Started by Bibbyman, December 12, 2002, 05:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

dtody

Was that hardwood or softwood?

Bibbyman

Well,  I don't know but I suspect pine.  Maybe Arky can tell us.

BTY Welcome to the forum!  D2Dy 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Norm

My guess is that he got an order for toothpicks and started out with a 30" red oak :D

I thought I'd better modify this post so Arkansawyer doesn't come up here and beat me with that pole.

Sometimes I get a little wastefull with my logs and and know it's more laziness on my part than anything. What's the old saying "waste not want not" or something like that.

D._Frederick

Hey, are you guys that hard-up for lumber?

Tom

Shucks fellers.  That's a piece of cedar.  Gotta' be.  I cut some that small sometimes when I can dog it.  I do it just to prove I can not for the volume of the wood.   Usually it is all or mostly sapwood but it's all pretty if you can get to it. ;D

Scott_R

He's just getting it ready so that he can quartersaw it. Scott

ElectricAl

Arkansawyer,

How much Doyal scale overrun did that thin kirf blade get ya?

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

SteveS

I would guess redbud, but I might have seen that somewheres else before. :) :)

Haytrader

No, I think it is "Honey Do"    :D :D
He mentioned in an E mail some time back about making his wife some split rail fence.
Haytrader

WV_hillbilly

Bibbyman is that a customers log that he would like you to cut 12" quartersawn boards out of  ?Either that mill is a biggun or that is a toothpick of a log that wouldn't make much kindlin for startin a fire. :D :D

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

DanG

A'fore y'all laugh too hard at ol' Arkey, check out his physique. Either he is muscled up kinda funny, or that's a fine wad of Andy Jacksons on his hip. :o
I'm just wondering how many of them 4/4x12's he got out of that monster.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ARKANSAWYER

You guys are funny but I was making $40 an hour cutting that pecker pole.  I am a EOS and if I can get it onto Wanda then I will saw it.  I have you know that it was a 4" Red Bud and I got 3 1x3's out of it and my customer was very happy with it.  I realize that often people brag about how big a log they can get unto and saw on their mills but how about them little ones.  It is not hard work and my puller did not compain about the slabs. ;D  Hey! it was good honest money.  If it wasn't for that wallet I would not have to wear a belt.  Also you might be surprised but I top the scales at over 200 lbs and only 5' 10",  fat?  ask any one who has met me.
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

Quoteask any one who has met me.

Arky,You might as well said insert joke here. ;)

Actually ARKANSAWYER weight varies for moment to moment. If he didn't say anything for 10 whole minutes he'd way 220. When he finally lets loose he drops to 180. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Scott_R

I think he was actually talking about a bull or something. : ) Scott

Jeff

If'n ya spend much time with ARKANSAWYER yer bound to lose some weight. I lost 3 lbs one evening from laughing at his over weight tale. Dat was a goodun!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

johnjbc

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

woodman

Its a good thing that his mill comes with a log lifter
Jim Cripanuk

WV_hillbilly

I dom't want to sound like an ignorant hillbilly but what is a Red Bud tree. Do they get bigger is size or are you  guys just makin fun at me. ???

Arky don't worry about that weight thing. I went to my Doc awhile back and he was getting on me about it. I told him I wasn't overweight . I was just short for what I weighed.I'm just a little fella . About 6' 3"  and  280 :o

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

ARKANSAWYER

Red Bud is the tree that blooms just before the dogwoods around here in the spring.  They have a small purple reddish flower and grow about like dogwoods and have a bean pod.  I have seen them up to 12 inches but rare here.  They are not hard like dogwood but are green inside with white sapwood.
   Hydralics really help getting them up there as all that bending over is bad for your back. ::)
    ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!