iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

V plow for skidder

Started by redneck, January 03, 2009, 09:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

One design flaws on the Meyers is the way the arched angles allows water in behind. If stored outside it takes it's toll.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

VT

OK , getting the hang of stuff now.

VT

Next years

Good on .5 M

Jeff

The photo uploading system was amended in the last couple three days. Did you try in the last 3 days? Have you asked for help yet? 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

VT

Ive got them now loaded on the Forum server. (2) Knife one is on some other puter.

Im getting there, Every forum has a different method, and not always the one were think of using.

:D

VT

shinnlinger

Jeff,

Do I get a prize???  Just kidding, this site is prize enough!  People actually respond to my stupid ideas..sometimes.....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

VT

shinnlinger, Please spill  the way you posted the Pictures of your tractor .
Also how do you mark a subject post so you may watch it??

Thanks

VT

And yes , Im male and asking  ::)

Jeff

Once a photo is in your gallery, you just go to your photo look underneath it, and copy the insertion code to paste into your post . You will see something like in this example photo;

Jeff

I see you gotthe photo into your gallery. Good job on that.

VT

Kewl , thanks for the help Jeff

Got that down.

I run 5-7 puters here , so some have differant stuff that is on them.

I will get to the knife one again and upload the chipper knife sharpening rules .

Jeff

Quote from: VT on January 04, 2009, 07:02:13 PM

On the top and the bottom of each thread is a notify button to sugn up for thread notifications

isawlogs

We have a 12 foot plow that we put on our 540 , put the blade in float position and go . It aint the quickess but will push a lot of snow . It is angled about the same as it was on the truck it came off of. A couple of passes and you get quite a wide road . Those oldplows are fairly easy to come by . Check out the local plow guys around your place . Most have a bone yard of there older stuff ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ironwood

Well, since we are on the topic of modification, I will be recieving this 4 x 4 Military TUG soon. It is 4 wheel steer, powered by gas. I need something to drag logs around so as not to tear up my 24 HP JD tractor. I will likely put a skidder style winch on the back, removable backhoe, and BIG snow plow on the front. The engine is in need of some attention, so I will likely put a 3 cly JD diesel in it. Fortunately, there is a drive shaft between the engine and trans, which should make the switch easier. It has tractor trailer size tires, so tires will be fun to find something interesting, perhaps retread mudders ;D. Designed to pull 100,000 on pavement. I believe it is an American -Coleman  Here is another one I found   http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/details.cfm?ProductID=1&pid=11 Let the fun begin.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

stonebroke

Boy you get all the neat stuff.

Stonebroke

redneck

That looks like it could plow snow!! :o
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

redneck

Lets see some more pics of snow equipment from everyone. I just love looking at that stuff :)
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

beenthere

I prolly have over-posted this one, but you asked.. ;D
Designed and had fabricated a quick-attach for the front end, and can switch back to the loader in an easy 10 minutes. This will push and move a lot of snow. Considering building a wing plow if I can find a 7' blade around $150 that will quick-attach to right or left side, and be lifted by the 3 pt arms. Could have used the wing a number of times this year. If I build it, prolly go back to the "little snow" years.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ironwood

Been there,

Are you using the standard FEL wobble valve on the tractor?. I am wanting to do the same w/ a 755 JD. Got the blade just need the time to do it.  Here is my usual snow machine, if things get serious I break out hte welder and put a 10' Meyers on the F-550..

Ironwood

beenthere

Ironwood
Yes, I am. Hook three hyd lines, bucket tilt to the angle cylinders, and lift to the one-way cyl to raise the plow.

If you want pics of the mount, I can send them.   I slip that mount into the slots in the belly mower plates, then tilt up so just two bolts go through the front weight bracket..couple in the lines..and all set to go.

When off, put rollers in place of the plow pads and a small dolly under the A-frame to roll it around when not attached.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wi woodcutter

beenthere-there is a western plow on madison CL take a look.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

beenthere

Thanks wi woodcutter.

I did see that ($500), and/but am hoping to pick one up in the $150± range. Missed one last spring at that price, a bit premature to my present design plans. I don't have a use for the A-frame, just want the plow and it doesn't need a good edge on it either. Just no rust-through.

I have a couple leads from a couple "wanted" ads I put in CL. Have to check them out this week when I free up some time.

thanks
south central Wisconsin

Ironwood

Beenthere, 
Pics would be great. Too bad your not closer, I have a few spares around ::) Just gave one to a buddy, bought it at a farm auction for $70 and got tired of it sitting around, wanted to help a tree trimmer guy who get me logs on occasion. He put some paint on his "bargin " plow he got cheap (I would not have wasted the paint, let alone the time on the rust pile :-X). There are also some 6-6.5' ers out there in the Meyers line that can go cheap, when folks realize it's pretty hard on there compact truck to plow. After having F-350s, I don't even want a plow on my  F-150, parts (driveline type stuff) look REALLY puny.

Ironwood

redneck

well santa bought me a late Christmas present.  :)i found and 2004 myers vplow complete with all controls, pump and lights. the blade looks light duty compared to fishers set up so i will have to be careful when plowing or that skidder will crush it like a piece of paper :-[.   I was hoping that he would just sell the blade but it was a good deal for a complete V plow set up so i bought all of it ;D.  I will post some pics latter today when it is taken off the truck.

beenthere

One of the lighter Meyers plows is what I thought I might find, and will some day.. :) :)

Here is a shot of the attachment, and I will email a couple additional detail pics of it without the other frame and connections in the way if you pm me your email addy. My plan was to keep it as close to the tractor as possible, and not interfere with the front wheels. As well as get the height to the ground right. When detaching, I remove the hoses, remove two 3/4" bolts, and fold the attachment forward onto the plow A-frame.

Good on you redneck. Look forward to your pics. Know what you mean by trying to get just the blades.  :)
south central Wisconsin

wi woodcutter

Beenthere check Mt. Horeb truck parts they have alot of good stuff down there. Newville auto salavage by Janesville might have something worth a look.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

maple flats

beenthere, If getting it built will bring a bunch of light snow years, why don't you get going. I like the snow but not the extremes, too cold, too much snow, too hot, or too much rain.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!