iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weird problem with my TK2000.

Started by Ga Mtn Man, May 26, 2012, 06:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Every once in a while when I press the RETURN button on the setworks, the head keeps right on going until it gets to the top.  Any of you other TK owners with setworks seen this problem?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

TimGA

G Man,  The electronic solenoid valve sticks once in a while, it is the one by the batt. Mine has done it a few times, scares you when it does not stop. So far mine has always come rihgt back to next cut just kept on sawing. If I remember right I asked Jason at TK, said allen screw on top of valve can be backed off to release the carrige to let it come back down. Call them first they will walk you through it, and answer any other Questions you mioght have.          Tim      Is it as HOT up there as it is down here   95 to 99  already
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Larry

I've never had that problem but I hardly ever use the up button.

While sawing my left hand is on the feed and right hand is on the up/down lever.  As soon as the blade clears the cant I go up with the lever and almost at the same time reverse the feed lever.  I think it is faster for two reasons.  I don't have to look for the button and the manual up/down is faster than the buttons because I have a restrictor orifice in the automatic hydraulic circuit.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

xlogger

I do like Larry says most of the time also, but I've had my return do the same thing once in awhile. One thing I've found out on the setworks, is if you are using it saying on one inch and you rotate the cant and hit the set button again it will go down to the next cut but if you want to "restart" the cuts again at the same level or higher all you need to do is to hit the manual up just a touch and it will start over again.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Ga Mtn Man

Larry, I don't use the UP button much either.  I use the RETURN button when sawing down through a cant and that's when this problem occasionally occurs.  Isn't the restrictor in the down circuit only?

Tim, I've never had it not come back down ready for the next cut but I'll keep that info in mind.  I wonder why it never sticks going down?  It was a scorching 82° up here in the mountains yesterday smiley_sweat_drop...thought I was going to die ;D.  I spent my youth in S.GA but only go back during the "no-gnat" season.

Ricky,  Thanks for the tip.  I'll try that out.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!