iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

self loading log trailers

Started by maple man, November 28, 2016, 06:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple man

I am thinking of investing in a Payeur brand, off road, self loading trailer I don't know the model # but it is the one with an 11 foot boom rated for 1500 pounds of lift at maximum extension. Trailer holds 10,000 lbs. I am planning to use this for fire wood harvesting and bringing select sawlogs from woods to logyard and hauling it with a 3/4 ton pick-up. I have a good but somewhat narrow trail system.

Does any one have experience with these trailers? How about other brands with equivalent trailers?

Magicman

Have you checked out the Forestry Forum's latest sponsor:  Farma ?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bill m

I have a fare amount of experience with the Metavic brand of off road log trailers.

Payeur was a dealer for Metavic but not any more. I don't know who is making the trailers for Payeur.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

maple man

Bill
Did you have problems with the trailer pushing the Tractor going down hill? I am thinking of pulling with a 3/4 pick up truck and wonder if I am getting too big for my britches. 

bill m

My trailer has the 4 wheel drive assist. I can use that if needed when going down real steep hills.

Farmerjw

Bill, I can't even wrap my mind around how that gear does anything other than tear up a set of tires.  More information would be appreciated.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

bill m

Not sure what to say. The machine is 7 years old, original tires and I use it full time year round. Under the right conditions ( glare ice and uphill ) it has enough torque to spin all 4 tires. In real deep thick mud the tires will not spin and you just stop. This has only happened once. If ground conditions are that bad I stop work, I will not tear up someones property.

Thank You Sponsors!