iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie_C

Come on up here to the great land of Nova Scotia ... regular gas is going for $1.297/litre  ... equals roughly $5.00 / gallon

clww

Diesel prices here at The Beach today range from $3.35 to $3.55 a gallon.
Lowest price for Regular is $3.25 a gallon.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

3.65 for Regular in Palm Beach County today.

drobertson

southern mo, 3.45 reg,  3.65 diesel,  a few miles change but a good avg.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

wwsjr

Fulton, MS. Regular $3.26, diesel $3.53. 15 miles west in Tupelo, 13 cents higher ???
Both are Shell convenience stores, SprintMart.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

WoodenHead

Eastern Ontario:  Regular $1.143 per L ($4.34 per US gal - I think).  Diesel $1.179 per L ($4.48 per US gal).  Prices have been creeping down lately.  Diesel was over $1.30 per litre this winter ($4.94 per US gal) and regular gas was around there too.

coxy

in roscoe ny gas 3.79 diesel 4.09  3miles down the road 3.79 gas 3.99 diesel

Magicman

We are ~$3.30 for gas.  I paid $2.99 for "off road" Diesel yesterday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

It's been $3.93 for diesel in SE Montana for awhile and I just fill up a couple cans of gas for the mill and saws.
A friend told me what he does is he buys himself an ice cream or milkshake to drink while filling up to distract himself and lessen the pain. :D

Allan

calw1izl

Just thought I would share my work around for this crap we are getting for gas here.  I used to work as a contract/custom spray applicator in the earlier years as well as doing my own crop care needs.  When looking for a "easy/clean" way to separate the ethanol from today's choice of gas, I remembered the chemical inductor tanks we used to use for mixing, blending and introducing chemicals prior to loading the spray rigs.  These are available in as small as 10 gallon, all the way up to the larger 110 gallon cone bottom units.  I called one of my past suppliers (GVM in Bigglerville, PA) and ordered up a 15 gallon cone bottom ($75) and also got the mating steel stand (a bit more than the tank) then the necessary couplings to come out the bottom and end up with a nipple capable of fitting a 3/4" nylon re-inforced hose to, to allow filling the gas containers back up.

I have been using this now for the past several weeks, following the suggestion of adding 2.5 oz. of water per gallon of gas being converted, mixing well for a bit and then allowing to settle out.  Works like a charm and you can see the separation begin almost immediately.  I let it sit for maybe 30 - 45 minutes and the draw off the water and ethanol.  I then put the remaining fuel back in the gas cans to which I have added 1 - 2 oz of octane booster as well as a touch of marine grade stabil and an ounce of SeaFoam.

Works like a charm  8)

Cal
Cal  W1IZL
Cook Saw HD3238, Case 584CK, Cats Claw Sharpener, Setter, way too many misc woodworking tools and equipment

Chuck White

Yesterday, 87 gas was $3.65/gal.

In Canton, 15 miles North, $3.62/gal.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on June 18, 2013, 09:42:08 AM
I'm thinking of paving over the yard. It might be cheaper than mowing it.  :-\

When I posted this, gas had reached $4.19.9 a gallon here in town.  Now, 5 days later, it is back down to $3.69.9. I hate being messed with!! >:( >:(
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jwilly3879

$3.739/gallon (e10). Should follow the stock market down.

florida

Just got back from UK where diesel was $7.99 a gallon. we drove an Audi A4 Turbo that got right at 40 mpg and had plenty of juice.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

ancjr

Reg 3.739, Mid 3.839, Prem 3.939 yesterday in town.

Ernie

91 octane NZD 2.32/litre = USD 1.83 or USD 7.34/gal
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sawguy21

I paid $1.41.9 for diesel the other day, 91 octane was $1.66.9.  :o Sure glad I'm not driving the 71 Coronet anymore although I miss that car. The gurus are blaming the spike on the uncertainty in Egypt, probably more of an excuse for price gouging than anything.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pep

Gas went up yesterday. 145.9litre here in NE Ontario
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

Chuck White

Gas went up $.10, twice last week, I think it's $3.899/gal now.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I filled up yesterday, $3.21.9.  I wish that they would get rid of that .9 and just go to whole cents. 

They are advertising something that you can not buy.  It's impossible to buy exactly one gallon of gas, because you do not have 9/10 of a cent to pay for it.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grweldon

Oh, if you are buying a gallon, you are paying the whole cent!

Gas is 3.259 here in Crimson Tide territory.  Jumped from $3.049 to $3.199 to $3.259 in 4 days.  When (if ever) have you seen the price go down that fast?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Magicman

Quote from: grweldon on July 18, 2013, 11:55:13 AMOh, if you are buying a gallon, you are paying the whole cent! 
Which means that you are getting a teaspoon more than a gallon.

Technically speaking, an exact gallon of gasoline is a product that if you could buy, you could not pay for.

ancjr

Even the idea of a "gallon of gas" being a standard unit is a bit off.  Measuring fuel by weight is more accurate (honest?) than measuring by volume.   :)

grweldon

Yep... after work I'm going to stop by the station and buy 60 pounds of gasoline!

Actually, it appears the density of gasoline is not an absolute like water, it varies with variants in the the refining process. "The density of gasoline ranges from 0.71–0.77 kg/l... with higher densities containing more aromatics" according to Wikipedia (no citation included) so it doesn't appear that buying by weight would be any more accurate as buying according to volume, even though volume changes with temperature.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Mooseherder

I heard a news snippet this Morning that a Fuel Station in Oklahoma had broken the 2 dollar per gallon threshold and was at 1.99 per gallon.  Riding around Palm Beach County this morning the prices range from 2.68 to a high of 3.09.
I doubt everything that went up during the fuel price increase comes back down even though it was the reason used for and by most businesses.

Thank You Sponsors!