iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bricklayer51

Still going up from 2.19 yesterday 2.35 today.

Buckshot00

curdog

Up $.06 to $1.79 in sc and up $.10 to $2.09 in nc.

DanG

We just got below $2 here.  Filled up for 1.959 yesterday.  I don't know if it bottomed out below that, since we don't drive much anymore.  The last tank lasted 2 weeks.  :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bricklayer51

It is going down from 2.35 to 2.33.

wwsjr

Shell price went up from $1.879 last Sunday to $2.059 today. Murphy USA from $1.849 to $2.019 today.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

coxy

boy it shur takes a long time for it to go down at the pump BUT don't take vary long to go UP  ;D

brettl

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: coxy on February 08, 2015, 01:18:51 PM
boy it shur takes a long time for it to go down at the pump BUT don't take vary long to go UP  ;D

Got that right!  Was $2.05 two weeks ago, now its $2.39.  Just doesn't seem right >:(
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

The oil companies are really putting the pressure on with cut back and layoffs to force the prices back up.  Artificially based prices are a double edged sword.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bricklayer51

Still slowing coming down from 2.33 to 2.26

BradMarks

Got as low as $1.91 at some stations. Took 7-10 days to come back to $2.29 yesterday when I filled up.  Don't see anything different on the global scene - as much chaos as when the price was coming down.  Perhaps the OIL companies said enough of this and raised price of raw materials - their margins are only in the hundreds of millions, not billions right now!  The price has to be high enough to support the new technology being used in extracting the "tough oil", that's their line, not mine.  And "someone" doesn't like Alaska right now, or the Keystone project. The Saudi's love that tact. How long until we rely on foreign oil again? 

beenthere

Keep seeing various articles about the oil prices staying down on a global basis.

One is this one..
http://gcaptain.com/worlds-biggest-oil-trader-says-slump-resume-u-s-supply-grows-dramatically/

Another, can't put my finger on it, where the saudi's were dropping their price to keep attracting their oil business in the Asia countries and maintain market share.

Found it:
http://gcaptain.com/saudi-arabia-cuts-oil-prices-fight-asian-market-share/

This gcaptain site is a very interesting one on world wide shipping news with plenty of pics.

One recent article on a car ferry that went aground, and listed badly. Finally managed to get it upright, and to a port to offload the "cargo" of luxury cars and the debate now is "junk them or repair them".
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

The Saudis can't lay all the blame on the US shale play for the oil surplus. They have been upping their production too and have been carrying out an extensive workover and drilling program for the last few years to maintain and increase their own productivity. The drop in prices isn't all golden for them either. They are now trying to renegotiate prices with the drilling contractors on long term contracts. I don't have any hard numbers to back this up. Only what I have seen while working in the region.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Sixacresand

I hope I am wrong, but I expect prices for regular to rise to about $4.50/Gal when is all said and done.   I filled up in GA on Saturday for less than $2.  Last night in Florida it was 2.38. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Buckshot00

Going up and up to $2.17 at the handy mart.

Magicman

Bricklayer51

It changes every couple days up or down. I was at the party store yesterday they had just dropped it to 2.33.

sures001

Currently up around $2.399, where we were at around $2.129 two weeks ago.

kczbest

Ethanol Gas is $1.969 and good Non-Ethanol Gas is $2.299
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Buckshot00

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 08, 2015, 04:45:01 PM
Quote from: coxy on February 08, 2015, 01:18:51 PM

Got that right!  Was $2.05 two weeks ago, now its $2.39.  Just doesn't seem right >:(

Another 10 days and its up to $2.56  :(
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Buckshot00

Dropped a nickel over the weekend to $2.23.  Had been $2.28.

Jim_Rogers

I though it was going to go back up but it has dropped a few cents here as well.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!