iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Price jumped $0.05 a litre to 1.199/litre this week. Why did our price in Canada jump up over a $1.00/litre? The World price of oil is the same or less than before Katrina. We haven't a supply problem here, no waits at pumps or anything close. If it were a problem, we'de just cut exports. I'm sure the Oil companies wouldn't suffer, we'de still be burning it here. Spineless governments. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

submarinesailor

While I was out and about late Friday, I filled up at the Sheetz station in Madison - $2.79/gal.  Saturday morning on the way back from the dump, it was $3.19/gal.  40 cents in less than twelve hours, @#$%^ &*()!@#$%^&*().

Bruce/subsailor

Ron Wenrich

Gas went up to $2.79 at the local station, but the one by the mill was at $2.69.  So, I filled up on Friday figuring that prices were going to start higher.  Went to the mill today and their gas was at $2.65. 

I still can't figure out how they price this stuff.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Kirk_Allen

The ONLY gas station we have in town sold today.  In the morning reg was 2.89 gal, then this afternoon, AFTER THE SALE WAS OFFICIAL we saw two signs. 

UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

Regular Unleaded - $3.19 gal. 

Talk about fed up.  And YES, I stopped in and gave them a piece of my mind, especially after seeing that ALL the prices in the store went up between a dime and 50 cents.  Yesterday a 16 oz Diet Coke was $.075.  This afternoon, the same soda was marked at $1.20 :o >:( >:(  This new owner probably has no clue how fast he will fail by doing what he did today in this small town. 

Got a call tonight and the locals have already picked a new place for the morning coffee.  No longer going to be at the gas station, which was owned by a local until today. 

maple flats

Filled up today, $2.79.9 for reg., saw another station at 2.82.9. I've never heard of gas prices being lower in NY state, better go buy some more, sounds like it will jump again soon.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Tom_Averwater

Gas was $2.88 on Sun.  Monday morning $3.00. 
He who dies with the most toys wins .

DanG

Seem's to be easing off a bit, here.  Linda saw it for $3.10 at Flyin' J this morning, but didn't stop.  I topped it off at Walmart for $3.04, then it was down to $3.08 at Flyin' J this evening.

In Fla, they can't increase the price until they buy more gas at a higher price.  The smaller places usually have the best prices when it is going up, since they don't fill their tanks as often.  The big places get trucks in several times a day, so their prices go up faster, but also come down faster.  Fla's Attorney General busted a couple of stations in Tallahassee for price gouging last week.  Shut'em down COLD! ;D ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Kirk, we've been paying $1.20- $1.35  plus $0.10 deposit and 15% tax for 600 ml of Coke for years. We don't get full deposit back here. Needless to say that it's gotten too high that I don't even buy soda pop any longer.  I ain't seen $0.75 Coke for at least 20 years when they used glass.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

maple flats

Got gas today for $2.739 reg before they decide to raise it again. I have every vehicle and gas can full right now. The last time I did that the price dropped soon after ;D
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Part_Timer

Kirk

We been paying 1.29 for a 20 oz .coke for about 2 years now.  a 2 liter is 1.10  go figure   gas was 3.19.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Ron Wenrich

Its amazing that the gas hasn't shot up in price.  I thought there were more refineries down.  I wonder if it has anything to do with no major gas buying holiday, like Labor Day. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DanG

It did shoot up around here, Ron.  After Katrina it went up to about $3.30, then slid back down to $2.50 after a couple of weeks.  After Rita, it went up to $3.50 and is back to about $3.00 now.

I think a good part of the shortage has been caused by transport issues.  The Atlanta area saw $6 gas after Katrina because their pipeline was down. We get our gas via barges from La. and those have just started to move again.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

johnjbc

Stopped for gas at BJ's Wholesale club on the way home last night.
$2.56 It's coming down slowly. Strange what difference a year makes.
Last that price would have probably brought on an anxiety attack. Now it looks pretty good.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

GF

Around here a majority of them (80%) are around 2.26 but some are 2.59 trying to get that last dollar out of everyone.  Diesel is still arounf $3.00.

Kevin_H.

Wow 2.59, its still 2.89 here.  :(
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

breederman

I just paid 2.959 in Binghamton, the least since it shot up,and I buy a lot of gas! :(
Together we got this !

caryr

Quote from: GF on October 12, 2005, 03:19:45 PM
Around here a majority of them (80%) are around 2.26 but some are 2.59 trying to get that last dollar out of everyone.  Diesel is still arounf $3.00.
We seem to have the same problem here. I saw a station today: Super $2.75 and Diesel $3.30! I sure am glad I heat with wood and have a small gas pickup for everything that doesn't require the big Diesel.

Cary

Fraxinus

Quote from: breederman on October 12, 2005, 06:41:33 PM
I just paid 2.959 in Binghamton, the least since it shot up,and I buy a lot of gas! :(
It's been my experience that NY state and CT are the most expensive places to buy gas in the northeast.
Here in NH, 87 octane is under $2.70 in most places.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

iain

Normal here is $8.55
with 2ltrs coke at $3.62

iain

GF

Gary_C

I just filled the pickup at the local Fleet Farm. Gas was down to $2.28 and diesel was up to $3.21. It was $95 for about 30 gallons.

That's a huge rip off for diesel to be almost a dollar over gas. They are just sticking it to the farmers harvesting their crops and the fuel oil for home heat.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

Gary, they've been getting their jollies doing that for years here.  :-\

beenthere

I'm of the conclusion that the oil companies (who wrongly get the blame), are being limited in what they can do by the 'enviros' who limit them at every move. There is oil to be had, and the 'not in my backyard' tune for off-shore drilling, refineries, and shipping has made it so gas and oil to the consumer is getting rare and expensive.
I heard the other day that the oil companies should just say "okay, we will stop our operations and only pump half as much oil out of the ground, and we'll see what happens to the price then". 
The only way to get the price down is to get more of the available oil and gas, (or use less of it, which some of us are now doing), IMO. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

I wonder if decreased demand is forcing prices down. I paid 94.9/litre this week which is down 20 cents from a few months ago. I am driving less and there are a lot fewer trips out of the city. Others I talk to say the same
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

Yeah, but now that it down some...... I'm driving more! ::)
How long ya figure it will last ???

Thank You Sponsors!