iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Prices seem to be coming down a bit. $2.639 at Flyin' J and Pilot truck stops last night.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

gary

Has anyone ever heard of First fuel banks?  I read about this company in the newspaper. They say you can buy gas now and save it for when the price goes higher than it was when you bought it. Suposed to have no storage fees,and no service fees just a $1.00 membership dues.  The article says one person is using gas now that he bought when gas was 99 cents.

sawguy21

I dunno about that one. Gasoline only has a shelf life of 4-6 weeks without a stabilizer.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gary

I don't think they keep the actual gas that you would buy from them until you need it. 

Tom

Lower prices are nothing but a ploy.  A way to get the Government and the media off of the backs of the Marketing divisions of the Oil companies.  I wouldn't trust the Fuel marketing industry anymore than a three month old child with Grizzly Bear.  Slightly lower prices are nothing more than training the public to escalating prices.  Three Years ago, we would have thought someone was nuts to say that $2.79 was a buy. 

All they have to do is jump the price to $5 a gallon and then take it to $4 when everybody screams, and we'll think "how well off we are". 

They are a bunch of wolves with a captured market that do as they please.  An animal in the forest with no predators.

The only way to control a Market like this is to control the money.  You will see an end to millions of dollars being given to one executive, Luxury parties at conventions, and lower fuel prices.

The only way to deprive them of the money is for someone else to Market a new competing fuel.  If the oil companies do it , they are still in charge.

Using less fuel in smaller vehicles that are used seldom will only prolong the fuel in storage now, not drop the price.  As a matter of fact, I believe that they will respond to fewer sales with higher prices.

To really fix the perceived problem, someone must develop a fuel from a renewable resource.  Something that can move our vehicles and power our manufacturing plants.

GF

I could have not said it any better Tom.   You are 100% correct in your reply.  What frustrates me also is that oil companies can create there own supply and demand, if prices are low and need to be increased they can claim they need to take a refinery offline to repair or upgrade and this drives the prices up also.

I also honestly think that whenever the feds say they are going to check for price gouging they have some kind of deal worked out with the oil companies.  Every time they announce this the prices stabalize out and drop a little.  Could it be that if the feds have an aggreement with the oil companies when they announce this that if the prices stabalize or drop the price gouging investigation will not be followed through with.

Garry Smith

Yesterday regular was 296.9 and this mornig when I filled up it was 289.9 here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Engadine)
Engadine, Michigan(Upper Peninsula)

Don_Papenburg

Tom there is a Canadian company that has invented a way to run on hydrogen prossesed on board  . It uses a water tank and a hydrogen generator and uses what it makes so no pressure tank is needed to store any hydrogen.   pull up to your well and fetch a bucket or two of water and go to town.    They have an addative for the water to keep it from frezzing.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

solodan

Regular $3.49. Deisel $3.39 :-\

dundee

In New Zealand, prices change (up and down) on a regular basis--yesterday NZ$1.72 per litre which equates to US$2.68 / litre

iain

Using the same exchange rate as my first post on page two it's at $8.93
at the garage just down from the new workshop that's for a galleon of Dieselonka

Iain

iceman

Updated: 05:48 AM EDT

$2.73 a Gallon? Not at First Fuel Banks
By GREGG AAMOT, AP

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (May 8) - Most motorists are feeling the pain as gasoline creeps toward, or over, $3 a gallon --

2.77 today.. going back up grrrrrr
Thanks Jon

Part_Timer

2.99 today  >:(  2.79 last monday. 

One of the guy at work said people like me were to blame for high gas prices (all of us that drive pickups and SUV's that is).  I told him no problem just bring his neon down and I'd strap a load of logs to the top of it and see how good his milage was if we could get it out of the field.  :D :D ;D   

Some people's kids.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

sawguy21

What's a neon? Can I load a sheet of plywood or some 2x4's in it? Not much good otherwise :D

Part_Timer

Sawguy

A neon is a dodge product.  The whole thing is about the size of the bed of a standard pickup.  Maybe.

I don't think you could get a nights burn of firewood in it. :D :D

Tom

I still think it'd look good with them logs duct taped to the top. ;D ;D ;D
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

sawguy21

Quote from: Part_Timer on May 13, 2006, 08:51:35 AM
Sawguy

A neon is a dodge product.  The whole thing is about the size of the bed of a standard pickup.  Maybe.

I know what a neon is, it's just that I have no use for one. Juvenile car thieves seem to like them though ;D

treecyclers

Current Prices in Prescott, AZ:
87 unleaded - finger
89 Unleaded - left arm
91 UNleaded - right arm and right foot
Diesel - both arms and both legs
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Swede

Gas price here is now $ 6 / gal. Beside that I needed a heavyer car to pull Amerika-Sågen. Found a good Volvo 945 -94 last week. That will cost me $ 800 more /year for gas  :(

But I still have a lot of sawing. :) I don´t know how people find me, they just call.

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

woodbowl

Quote from: Swede on May 28, 2006, 05:34:03 AM
Gas price here is now $ 6 / gal.

Swede, $6 a gallon sounds unbearably high if we had to pay it here in the U.S.   I was wondering .... what does the average worker in sweden make per hour, and how does it convert to U.S. dollars?

1.  A grocery store worker.

2.  A law enforcement officer.

3.  A store manager.

4.  An auto mechanic.

5.  A physcian.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

iain

Woodbowl
you can have the uk average if you wish, the £-$ i used is $1.69 to the £1

1. $17k (good store with good boss )

2. 37k ( asked my inlaws)

3. 27k (big box but normally not much more than the workers)

4. 33k

5 name your price

iain

Swede

$1 =SEK 7,5 or so.

A normally income here (1-4) is SEK 180-300 000 (-31% income tax) a year working 8 hrs. a day. 

It´s hard to find a doctor and he will cost you SEK200-800 every visit.

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

DoubleD

Here gas is $ 6/gal too if you like I could give the average for Italy

1. $ 13 K
2. $ 31 K
3. don't know
4. all what they want
5. all what they want

1€=1,27 $ today
Wannabe a sawmiller

iain

On the doctor front, they can name there price for private work, and earn a big wage most places, but we most all have access to them when we want, and there is no real hassel getting into hospital if you really need it

but booking in for operations can take a long time, the amount spent on medical care is huge, but it dont seem to be getting to the patients to fast, lots of nose's in the trough before the sick, esp at the PFI trust's

iain

TW

If I recalculate the petrol prize here to American units I also end up above 6$ per gallon. The wages here are significantly lower than in southern Sweden. About 10 euro=13 $ per hour - about 30 % tax for a younger house carpenter.

Ron Wenrich

I'm curious about your tax rate.  Is yours a flat tax or is it graduated?  Here in the states, the rates go up as your income goes up.  We also have several layers of income tax - federal, state, and local.  At the local level you end up paying taxes on the tax, since we have no deductions at those levels.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!