iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oatmeal!

Started by Dave Shepard, October 17, 2007, 11:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

It's what's for breakfast!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sawguy21

You eat breakfast this time of night ???
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

The "Old Forum" has a "New" moderator.  A man of some culinary distinction.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

limbrat

What is a oatmeal any way is it a biproduct like grits or is that the finished product?
ben

Dave Shepard

Quote from: sawguy21 on October 17, 2007, 11:49:04 PM
You eat breakfast this time of night ???

Don't you?!?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I'm waiting for the moderator ta come in tomorrow and clean house! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Jeff B on October 17, 2007, 11:53:49 PM
I'm waiting for the moderator ta come in tomorrow and clean house! ;)

Geez I was hoping for something different - but sounds like I am just gonna get the Norm.

:)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

limbrat

The food board dont show up if you come in as a guest.
Sorry guess i should read the captions
ben

Norm

Before Patty and I were married we lived together in Phoenix while I was going to school. We had no money so pretty much ate what was the cheapest, yep oatmeal. Sometimes we'd buy a big bag and eat it for days on end. I now will not eat it still. It looks good but just the thought makes me go ugggg. :D

Dave Shepard

Does that mean you went over to the dark side (grits)? Or do you just eat cheerios? :D

Dave

Dan_Shade

i put a poached egg in oatmeal once.  I highly recommend it to the true connosiers.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

TexasTimbers

People of Oatmealville - Greetings from Gritsville.

I bring this Olive Branch (use your imagination) as a symbol of our desire to live in harmony and peace with you good people. We will not attempt to force our wretched and twisted culinary cravings upon your weak and vulnerable populace, and promise to ourselves eat Oatmeal once a year as a sign of goodwill (After which time we will then wash it down with a big heppin of Grit Cakes and Pabst Blue Ribbon).

Anyone who does finally see the light and wishes to volunatrily convert to Gritsdom will be welcomed into our fold as one of our own.

Peace, and may the weevils never find your stash.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Engineer

Thank you for your peace offering.

I propose a toast.

Rye is good, with some butter.   ;D

Burlkraft

I see Norm got his old avatar back. Jill was wonderin' about the udder one. I said,"Yeah...That's Norm at the pig roast!"   :D :D :D

I have a cup of oatmeal every day fer breakfast...It's heart healthy ya know.... :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Engineer on October 18, 2007, 02:51:34 PM
Thank you for your peace offering.

I propose a toast.

Rye is good, with some butter.   ;D

This is why I don't drink coffee in front of the computer. Just when you think it's safe, can't possible be anything to exciting going on in a thread about oatmeal, somthing like this happens. :D

Dave

TT, had to start the oatmeal thread to keep the board leveled up, we don't want to get all lopsided and sink, especially after Jeff just spent the last month pumping out the bilges. ;D

beenthere

At Roxie's request, I gladly re-post the recipe for Baked Oatmeal from the crash archive. We have it every morning, as it refrigerates well and is good either warmed, hot, or cold (how I eat it   ) and any time of the day a snack is "needed" 

2 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups milk
½ tsp almond flavoring
¼ cup brown sugar (or 1/4 cup maple syrup)
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
1 large apple (greening, Granny Smith) unpeeled and grated

1. Preheat oven to 375°
   2. Coat 3 qt casserole or baking dish with cooking spray
   3. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl
   4. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle top with additional sliced almonds
   5. bake uncovered for 45 minutes, serve hot (refrigerate leftovers for microwave later)

Variation:
Omit almonds, almond flavoring and cherries.  Add 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ cup raisins
and ½ cup chopped peanuts

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clif

My breakfast often is 1/3 cup  steele cut thick rolled oats marinated in 5 heaping tablespoons of Nancy's nonfat yogurt ( while I am showering and getting ready in the morning)and then smothered with fresh or frozen blueberries topped with a handful of scrunched walnuts.  A touch of honey maybe added and dried cranberries may be substituted for the blueberries. 8)Clif    And if I am really in a hurry I throw the whole blooming mess in a blender  with a banana, pour it in a glass and out the door I go.
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Roxie

I've gotta tell y'all that I make up some of Beenthere's baked oatmeal, and it is excellent.  I make up a batch in the evening, and put it in the refrigerator, and then in the morning, we each take a wedge with us for a healthy breakfast on the go. 

What a great way to get your oatmeal.   8)
Say when

WDH

Roxie, I am sure it goes fine with those biscuits and jelly :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Some things are so good that they shouldn't lapse into obscurity. 

This is still my favorite breakfast with the following substitutions: 

vanilla extract for the almond
walnuts for the almonds
raisins for dried cranberries

Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

I love it when an old post is brought back to the top.
All tho it does make me a little sad for those that have passed.
So much water under the bridge...

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sawguy21

I like oatmeal with brown sugar and milk. Karen won't touch it hot due to a traumatic childhood incident, an overbearing aunt forced her to eat it. She does like it raw with yogurt and fruit chilled overnight.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

MbfVA

I run raw oatmeal & wheat bran with about 20 other ingredients including raisens,  dried cranberries, frozen fruit, nuts, bananas etc,  along with seasonings (Cinnamon, nutMeg, curry, vanilla, almond flavor, sometimes others).   Chocolate, protein powder, whey, more.  I'll even throw in cabbage, greens, just about anything, if I have it, into a vitamix with ice and water and so forth, for a delicious breakfast shake.

Virginia maple syrup or honey is my favorite sweeter.

Does what it's supposed to & with regularity.

32 oz of that & who needs lunch?
www.ordinary.com (really)

Chuck White

X2 on the Maple Syrup in the oatmeal!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

my 10y old will it by the spoon full out of the box and chase it with orange juice  I like to heat the maple syrup and pour in the oat meal or mix it with  farina

Thank You Sponsors!