iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Older iron.

Started by BargeMonkey, March 03, 2017, 11:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Im hoping how I word this is allowed, if you want this loader donate a few hundred to the FF and I will load it on your trailer. I hate scrapping stuff that someone else can use, we drove it off the trailer and yanked the engine for another machine, it had a very odd cummins engine. Maybe one of you guys has one out back that needs a cylinder or axle ??? it's got a date with the crusher in 30-60 days, tires all hold air, I'm sure a Detroit would fall right in it. Zip code is 12076. We are going thru the yard shortly and I figured maybe this would help someone who needed parts / a project / and donate to the FF ??? 

longtime lurker

What is it? An A series Michigan?

Not that it matters, it looks like it'd fit right in here at antiques-r-us, home of equipment that grosses its market value on a weekly basis. Give her a screamin' demon, a dulux rebuild, and a scrub canopy cum rops and she'd be a beast.

Someone better give it a home, if the freight bill don't kill me Mary will.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

coxy

hey barge are they eaton rears if they are you could call some one down my way you had dealings with last year  :D :D :) 8) not going to say any names but you know who I'm talking about  8) 8)

Gearbox

Did that have a C series Cummins . They made them up to 180 HP with a supercharger .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

bushmechanic

I believe those diff's are the larger Rockwell's like used in the 404 Timberjack's and some of the early Timberjack forwarders.

ehp

I put a 471 in one of these and the guy is still running it , machine works pretty good

jdeere540a

That looks like a hough payloader model ho. We had one just like it until my grandfather foolishly scraped it every thing worked on it i used it in my wood yard a lot until I came to work one day and it was gone. Ours had a jn6bi Cummings around 160 hp naturaly asperated they had a really cool sound.

BargeMonkey

This one drove itself off the trailer, loader worked, brakes where a little off. Yeah it had an obscure older cummins engine, same engine that's in our Pettibone crane unfortunately. Engine went out of the crane last yr and the cost to convert to a Detroit or swap engines was discussed, we found this one and did the swap. 

Unfortunately we got that machine under kind of bad circumstances, it came from a boat yard in Rye NY, it spent it entire life picking yachts and never went more than 600 ft. The owner was killed in 9-11, the yard changed hands and we got the machine. She is HEAVY, goes about 93ft high and will pick a triaxle up 😂.

petefrom bearswamp

No snow there in Scary county eh?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Puffergas

Oh man.. I could find an engine around here for that loader but the trucking to Erie, PA would eat up $2k fast plus $300 to the FF. Almost worth it. Or I could drive up with an engine for the crane, hang the loader from the hook and drive home..  ☺
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

BargeMonkey

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on March 05, 2017, 09:00:28 AM
No snow there in Scary county eh?
That picture was from Christmas day, I was dumping firewood logs off to friends of ours where she sits. Couple inches on the ground right now. You get in certain spots in the woods you can find 1-2+ ft still.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Puffergas on March 05, 2017, 12:59:23 PM
Oh man.. I could find an engine around here for that loader but the trucking to Erie, PA would eat up $2k fast plus $300 to the FF. Almost worth it. Or I could drive up with an engine for the crane, hang the loader from the hook and drive home..  ☺
Engines already been transplanted from the loader to the crane. The old block lays in the loader for scrap purposes. Those cummins are super weird, never seen a rod hooked to the crank with U-bolts before, almost what it looked like. That loader would fit on a small equipment trailer, could even take the wheels off and put on a heavy car trailer.

Gearbox

I rebuilt the one in my dump . Cummins made them from 120 to 180 . turn them 2500 in a truck . Mine put a hole in the oil pan when it went . saved the block and rebuilt it .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Puffergas

Does it have the dog house? Rear steering?
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

mike_belben

The axles under that pettibone crane are worth about $2-3k.  Actually just the outers 4 corners.  Low end monster truck guys graft them onto rockwell f106 housings.  Those are probably "pie pans"  .. Nickname for 20ton pettibone planetaries.
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Puffergas on March 06, 2017, 08:00:19 PM
Does it have the dog house? Rear steering?
I can take a couple pictures, I believe it is rear steer. I watched it get parked in the yard and disected for the engine. 😂 it's been there 1yr and soon it's going to the scrap yard.

mike_belben

Straight front axle, rear steer axle.  Make a decent skidder project
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!