iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edging on a bandmill.

Started by paul case, September 03, 2011, 07:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Quote from: paul case on October 03, 2011, 09:25:56 AM

The moveable blade is stuck on the shaft. anyone got any good ideas how to get it loosened up besides pb blaster and the schorch wrench?  pc

Rust Reaper
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

zopi

Flat coca cola...soak it...wait a day..tap it some...soak it again. Works like a charm...just be sure to rinse it when it comes loose...then grease it...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Brucer

A few times in the past I tried setting aside all my flitches for a week, and then edging them on the mill in big batches. Bad idea. It gave the illusion that I was pumping out timbers faster but my overall production was lower and it was a back killer.

After I figured out that batch edging wasn't the way to go I made it a practice to edge after every log. Up until last year, that is. That's when I bought a twin-blade edger. Now I pull the flitches off the mill and stack them next to the edger infeed. I spend a fraction of the time batch-edging then when I did it on the mill. My back loves me.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

paul case

my hope with the edger is i wont have to pick up the whole flitch at once. i hope to be able to pull one end to the edger rollers and the pick up the other end and guide it in. with batch edging or otherwise quite often i have to pick up a whole flitch to get it where i want it.

when i get the thing up and running i have plans to fix a rack to catch the boards and edgings so i can pick up the whole mess with the forklift and carry it to the slab rack, sort off the trimmings and carry the boards to the cuttoff table.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!