iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine Island, Fla

Started by Raider, March 03, 2009, 07:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider

Got done with lambing here, and kinda tired of the winter"again". So the wife, my youngest son and his wife will fly to Fort Myers this Thursday. My mother winters on Pine Island in the winter( Oct to May), and my younger brother is retired from the Fla. State Patrol (35 yrs.). Will get to see his full log cypress home he built himself (with a lot of help). Will just take it slow and easy, eat seafood, drink a little "brew"... ::) Will try to do some Boar hunting if it will work out, if not drink a little brew. Got some wood cutting jobs back home but, pushed them into middle of March. Will look for some wood for turning ;D Brother can bring it up when He comes Deer hunting in the fall 8)    Raider

Tom

I couldn't take a trip to that area and resist fishing for Snook.   You can always throw them back if you haven't a permit.  I don't know what the rules are now, but you can't tell them not to bite your lure.

I would take an open faced spinner, like one that you might use to bass fish with, loaded with 15 lb line.  A 52m mirrorlure works but you might use a topwater lure in the morning.  If you want to sit, use a sliding bobber and fish a shrimp or finger mullet just off of the bottom.

Mangrove snapper are good too.  Fish for them like you would bream or Speckled Perch (crappie).

Thank You Sponsors!