iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

It's been colder than normal, but nothing like what Chuck and Ray are getting. It's supposed to get to the mid 30s today. The weatherman had three computer models this morning. None or the 3 had snow where I have to worry about it. I noticed it didn't stop him from saying potential storm, though. I'll just have to wait like always
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

Old saying,be careful what you wish for. It might come true.
Sun,we had sun all day. First time all day sun for quite a while.But it's cold. I had 9°,now it's 22,which is not bad. Might get down to 6° tonight.but the March sun will warm it back up.
I was out getting some dead pine for the Big Freeze tonight. :D 
Back in 2012 the high was 77°. Guess I forgot about that year. I do remember one year it got warm like that. Than we had a freeze.  :o  That was shock to the fruit trees. :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Just barely 20 here, did drop to 3F this morning. Was sun most of the day, but clouding up again here.

Yes 2012 was a warm week in March, the aspen were flowering.

Feb 2016

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have 14°. Another cold one tonight,10,but high noon in the 20's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the single digits to low teens every night, and the forecast shows more of the same for the next week. Sun has some heat and it thaws the dark surfaces out for a little bit in the afternoon but as soon as the sun goes down things freeze right back up.

Darrel

Saw my first chipmunk of the season this morning. It was running through a light dusting of freshly fallen snow. Spring is indeed coming. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SwampDonkey

14F this morning, 22 now. Cold wind. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gspren

Today, the last day of winter we had sunshine and 50F, while tomorrow for the first day of spring we are to get snow, 5-8" between Tuesday and Wednesday.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Darrel

Went over to the west side of the Cascades to Medford, and saw fruit trees in bloom today, not here though. Not even any buds yet. Supposed to get snow Wednesday through Saturday. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SwampDonkey

15F here this morning, another 'not a sap day' up here. ;D

51cub

Snow starting late tonight or early tomorrow with temperatures in the high 20s. One person told me they heard just a couple inches. I think that was wishful thinking. I heard one forecast for 5 to 10 inches, and two forecasts for 6 to 12. The station that said 5 to 10 also said the storm can shift some and we could get substantially more
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Chuck White

Just -4°F here this morning!

We won't have any sap for a while yet!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

52 this morning .I started noticing leaves just popping out yesterday on a few poplars...won't be long 

Chuck White

We have 34° right now, sap might kick loose a little, but won't amount to much!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

4° this morning and upper 20s now. Not much melting going on so far.....

51cub

Snow should be starting in a couple hours. Predictions from different stations still all over the place. Apparently there's alot of dry air already in place so nobody wants to commit to how long it will take the snow to really get started

SwampDonkey

Wind has shifted to NE and lighter. Clear blue sky so far. Was 11 this morning, suppose to get to 38F.

Southside

Snowing here today.   >:(
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

I don't want to say much. I don't want to jinx myself. I don't think we will get much.
Saw the news and looks like others will get way more than me.

51cub

The storm ended up not doing much. There was just too much dry air to get past. It must have been about 7 pm when it finally really started snowing. It ended between midnight and 1:00. It's supposed to get into the mid 40s today, so I think most of what we did get will be melted

Chuck White

We had 16° at 6:00AM and it's supposed to reach 38° by 3:00PM, so it looks like it'll be a nice day here!

51cub

It started snowing again after I wrote it stopped this morning, but I don't guess either at work or home got any more than 2 or 3 inches. Whatever the total was, it's all melted now. There's a little wind now, but not enough to worry about any power outages

SwampDonkey

36F this afternoon with partial sun, we missed that storm on the coast. The snow is a melting. :)

thecfarm

Missed me too.lucky.

WDH

Things were so bad up there that Peter's shed is leaning another foot :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!