iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pine logs (radiata pine, German sylvestris pine, & Pinus maritime)

Started by mikewong808, July 30, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikewong808

Interested in purchasing pine logs from Australia, German, & France. Does anyone has any recommondation exporters from these countries? Your kindness help is very much appreciated.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

If you would be interested in Southern Yellow Pine from the US, me and several others could help you.

I would be surprise if there are not some comparable North American pine species.  I am sure some other members can convey the characteristics of most any species.

Also, knowing the end product may help us guide you in the right direction.

Where would these logs be going?

Trying to help you out here.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

mikewong808

Hi,

All those logs are mainly going to China market. I may be interested in douglas fir logs instead of southern yellow pine. please let me know..

Meadows Miller

Gday

And welcome to the forum Mike  ;D 8)

I can organise Radiata and Maritime Pine sawlogs and Cants and Flitches I have access to about 200,000 m3 standing at the moment and also have alot of contacts in the industry . what grades are you after China C & CI ,Japan  J &JI or Korea K & KI Grade or do you have your own specs you are after? and what sort of volume per shipment 20m3 or 24000 ? export ports will be Geelong and Portland .

Send me a pm and we can go from there Mate

Reguards Chris

Gday Fish

Payment is usually weekly,fortnightly or Fob at the port of departure depending on the size of the order and what sort of trading terms are in place  Mate  ;)

Grades are eg C grade is a China Sawlog min sed 8" led 26" and range in length from 11' to 40' and used for construction lumber 
CI grade is China Industial Grade low grade logs mainly for the pallet industry sed 8" to led 36"  lengths go from 12' to 20' usually  they come out of windbreak trees

Also they try to keep the shipping distance on low to medium grade logs to a minmum hence Australia ,N.Z and Europe hence Mikes intrest in D/fir logs as its a high end log overthere  ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

fishpharmer

Welcome Mike. Very rude of me not to say so first of all.  I told you someone would help you out.  I am relatively new here and probably should not ask my newbie questions.

Thanks for setting me straight Chris.  Could be a good opportunity for you.

Meadows Miller

Gday Fish

No worrys She'll be rite hopefully it will be ive looked into exporting a couple of times in the past  and have done export orders at afew mills ive worked at Mate  ;)  ;D

The problem with exporting to china from your neck of the woods is that the ships have to come through the cannal or around the horn  ;) what are SYP sawlogs running at around your and Tims way per 1000 bft say landed at the mill on a 50 mile trip  ??? i just like to know these things i might just move there for awhile one day Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

fishpharmer

Not sure about 1000.  Last I heard, a month or so ago was 40-50 per ton for SYP.  I could get more details if you like.  Makes sense, Mike could save a lot on shipping from OZ compared to MS.

You need to come on down.  Timber has always been in the top five industries in MS.  You would like it. The girls would like your accent and if you ever get a hold of a southern girl you might never leave. ;D ;D

mikewong808

MDLogging

Fishfpharmer it sounds like the pine prices are about the same everywhere.  On our pine sawtimber we go on 12 lb per ft so that would be 240 to 300 per thousand if your getting 40 to 50 per ton if my maths right.   If you dont mind me getting nosey how much are you getting per ton for your hardwood and pine pulp.  Were trucking 40 miles and getting 19 a ton for hardwood and about the same for pine.   

Thank You Sponsors!