iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood burning

Started by Jeff, January 24, 2007, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

For Christmas this year on Tammy's side, Tammy's brother and his wife made Jeremy and I each a unique little folding stool. He brought them in folded up and it took a couple minutes to figure out the trick to open them up. They are really sturdy little stools, and my kind of woodworking. A skill saw, a drill and a hammer. :D

I decided I was going to decorate mine a little. Anyhow, today my computer was down and I took some time to putter around some more with my first attempt at woodburning. I had started tracing this out on the stool a couple weeks ago a little each day. Took me about 3 days to do that because of the tedium :D   Yesterday I dug the woodburner out that Stacy had gotten herself last year and today I had at it.  I might possibly do some shading in, or not, butin any event I wanted to take a couple photos in case I really mess it up. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I recognize that scene.  ;D

Furby

Wanna see a table you can make to go with that stool Jeff?
Folds up the same way.

Jeff

Jeff

:D

Of course I do. :D ;)

SwampDonkey

That turned out real nice Jeff. Now between you and Pigman, when do I expect to get my stool? :D :D

I have a wood burner also Jeff, but I haven't used it in years. Don't even know if it still works.

I remember as a kid, maybe 12 or so, I took one apart. I had one of those tv trays in my bedroom and I had the burner plugged in. Seems it wouldn't heat up, that's the reason for disassembly. I touched both terminals on the metal edge of the tv tray, and ....

...a flash and two instantly cut out holes in the metal edge. :D :D Well, that was enough excitement for awhile. :D :D  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

I'll get a pic tomorrow.
My Uncle bought it someplace and my Grandpa used it as a pattern to make another.
He never finshed the second one, but it is put together.
I'll see what one I can find.

Nice wood burning by the way.

4woody

Jeff that is real good i wish i coud do that but i cant so i leve that up to Tabby

WDH

I am not sure which is best...the artistry or the wood burning.  That is way out of my league  smiley_smash!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

I have a big wood burner that I made out of an old water heater. For some reason the wood  that goes in it does not come out looking that pretty.  :( I am not the artistic type, but sure do like to to look at good artists work. Looks great Jeff. 8)

Swampy, you are a good wood worker, you can build your own stool. ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Pigman,

We know tht SD has a bunch of butternut and ash, so he should have the wood for a nice stool.........
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thurlow

I've made bunches of those stools, (they sell good at our church Craft's Fair) but no way I could decorate 'em up like that;  looks great.  Furby, we all want to see the table.............
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

tdelorme

I like that, nice work.  See the guy that has dropped his end of the saw and is heading for the hills??  That would be me ;D

sandmar

That's a great little project stool! Care to share a few dimensions?  ;D Jeff that woodburning is super! You ever do anything big like a mural? Painting or woodburning? I have a blank wall upstairs in my barn,that is 10'X56' of roughsaw pine that would love to have a scene like that on it. You could stop by here on your next trip to Tom's,we won't ask you to eat grits I promise  :D
Sandmar

Paschale

Looking good, Jeff!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Gary_C

Nice work Jeff.

And I thought wood burning was what you did with a dull blade when cutting maple!   :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Murf

I wanna try the other variation on it, I'm not arteestic enough to try that.  ::)

You get a cut vinyl sign shop to do a layout for you, name, address, scenery, whatever, and stick it to a fairly soft piece of wood, cedar, pine, etc., then hit it with a sandblaster, the vinyl bounces the grit away, the bare wood gets etched. When you have it cut to the depth you want you peel the vinyl and just barely char the whole thing with a propane torch and sand the high points back to virgin wood.

It looks kinda nifty, makes the grain really stand out, being harder it doesn't sandblast the same as the rest does.  ;D

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

thecfarm

That looks nice.If I tried something like that it would look like a 2nd grader did it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Furby

Jeff

Hey, I'd like to do a woodburning on that. ;D

Furby

SwampDonkey

That's a cool table Furby, birch?

Keep him away from it, he's gotta build it first.  ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I'll do one in exchange for the table.  Deal? ;D

Furby

Hmmm............
Well that one is actually my Uncles, the one he bought.
I guess I could probly make up a couple of them, and make a deal.
I'd do the woodbuning myself, but if ya look at my "square" you'll see how well I wood burn.
Although I'm 99.9% sure I know your method. ;)

Yeah Donk, it's Birch........... plywood. :-X

Thank You Sponsors!