iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new to me 548gIII

Started by Nemologger, December 14, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemologger

I just bought a 2009 548gIII deere. I was wondering if someone could tell me the purpose of the switch on the right lower dash. When it is flipped it lites a green light with the symbol of a clutch I think.
Clean and Sober

kiko

Nemologger

No not the diff lock...its by the shifter just like the E series...this one lights green
Clean and Sober

barbender

Nice score, that sounds like a nice machine! Is it a torque converter machine? If it is, it could be the converter lock.
Too many irons in the fire

mad murdock

Congrats on the new skidder! Any pics? Is it a grapple machine?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Nemologger

It is a switch that lets the winch or grapple to be sped up by the foot feed. I have a couple pics but don't know if im smart enough to post. I can try
Clean and Sober

barbender

Huh. I never heard of one of those. But then, that is a pretty new piece of iron you got there ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Gadrock

on my 2012 648h that switch...located on right hand side...right below shift selector (mine is direct drive)...is 4 wheel drive select.

my understanding is all deere products like 440 or 540 were cable machines whereas 548...648...748 are grapple  machines
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Brleclaire

If its a torque converter machine it's the transmission declutch. When you push on the brake it decluthes the tranny so you work your hydraulics or winch faster without shifting into neutral.

Grizzly

Quote from: Maine logger88 on December 15, 2014, 11:18:19 AM
Nitrous?

And now I have confirmation that loggers are crazy!!   :D :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ford_man

When all else fails........Read the book.

wannaergo

2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Thank You Sponsors!