iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

check engine light

Started by coxy, September 10, 2015, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warped

Quote from: 21incher on September 14, 2015, 07:58:01 AM
Quote from: coxy on September 14, 2015, 06:59:59 AM
the sad part is its not showing a code  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

If it is not showing a code then there could be issues with the computer or wiring? I understand if you reset a check engine light in NY you have to log 500 miles on the vehicle before it can be inspected.  :)
It's not the miles, it's the drive pattern. Most makers will list the appropriate pattern (speeds, distance, braking, temps etc.) to run all the monitors. Pre 2000-2001? you could have two unset monitors, it's now one. If it fails due to emissions you will still receive paperwork for passing the safety requirements while you sort it out.
I've seen plenty of bad info from DMV phone operators.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

easymoney

all this talk makes me glad that i live in the boonies and drive older cars and trucks and do not have to deal with inspections and check engine lights.

coxy

this is why I drive a 96 diesel= lickem and stickem  :D :D 

coxy

well I got a # to call it was an investigator for the dmv he told me not to worry about it as long as all the gages/lights worked and the brakes worked  and was legal for the road    he said if I had any trouble to have the instructor call him  :) i told him what we did and 2 dealers could not figure out what was wrong    his words not mine was you have moisture in the fuel tank  :-\  he even told me what dmv to take it at  8) so im good to go  WISH ME LUCK  :D

sprucebunny

Glad you found a sensible person !

Best of luck !!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

dgdrls

Quote from: coxy on September 14, 2015, 08:05:23 PM
well I got a # to call it was an investigator for the dmv he told me not to worry about it as long as all the gages/lights worked and the brakes worked  and was legal for the road    he said if I had any trouble to have the instructor call him  :) i told him what we did and 2 dealers could not figure out what was wrong    his words not mine was you have moisture in the fuel tank  :-\  he even told me what dmv to take it at  8) so im good to go  WISH ME LUCK  :D

Luck!!   ;)

Dan

Warped

Good luck.....and don't bring it up at the test!

Magicman

I am thankful to hear of a sensible resolution and I wish you the best during your testing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buckshot00

The engine light is on right now in my 2003 Tahoe.  It has been on and off since 2006.  Last trip to the shop the mech said it could be a bent solinoid or a leak.  Well I said I'm not paying to have it fixed if you don't know exactly what it is, which they didnt.  I paid over $1500 in 2006 for 2 different places to finally fix it and the only reason that mech knew what to look for is his wife had the same prob with her tahoe.  Anyway I got a waiver from dmv and passed insp.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: sprucebunny on September 11, 2015, 07:16:02 AM
Maybe showing the reciepts from the dealers will get you a pass ???

Now THAT'S FUNNY!  :D

Warped

Quote from: Buckshot00 on September 15, 2015, 05:51:35 PM
The engine light is on right now in my 2003 Tahoe.  It has been on and off since 2006.  Last trip to the shop the mech said it could be a bent solinoid or a leak.  Well I said I'm not paying to have it fixed if you don't know exactly what it is, which they didnt.  I paid over $1500 in 2006 for 2 different places to finally fix it and the only reason that mech knew what to look for is his wife had the same prob with her tahoe.  Anyway I got a waiver from dmv and passed insp.
Yup, $450 is the magic number in NY for the waiver. Dealing with codes on my mother-inlaws Rav 4 right now.....basically, my MIL has an MIL   :D :D :D :D

coxy

I heard you can only get 1 waver from dmv for the life of the car/truck     I think this is to help you save up money to buy a new one  :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!