iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor Hydraulic

Started by dwchaisson, September 19, 2016, 08:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwchaisson

hey guys, just bought a new to me tractor, planing on building some hydraulic implements. My question is when manufactures stat there hydraulic flow in there specifications is that 540 PTO speeds or at idle? I assume its when the PTO is at 540. Tractor is a 2010 5065 JD
Thanks in advance
homemade skidder, homemade band mill, home made log loader and trailer, 1993 ford 1 ton,1996 Chevy 1Ton dump, 2010 john deere 5065M with loader, 1987 trackless with blower, 576 husky,565 husky 372husky, homemade processor in the build stage, 900 david brown. 2 fordson majors. Life Long Collector

Ox

I would assume the same thing.  Who would measure and rate their pump at idle?  :D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Hilltop366

I would guess at wide open throttle, also specifications sometimes combine power steering and  pump flow hydraulics together. An example would be 10 gpm total hyd flow and then after might say 3 gpm for power steering and 7 gpm for pump flow.

DDW_OR

Quote from: dwchaisson on September 19, 2016, 08:56:07 AM
........... Tractor is a 2010 5065 JD
Thanks in advance

ask the JD dealer in your area.

"let the machines do the work"

John Mc

Tractordata.com is a great place for looking up specs. Here's the page for the JD 5065
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

dwchaisson

thanks guys, I love "tractor data" so much information at your fingertips, just like this site, There is a great deal of knowledge being shared here, thanks again
homemade skidder, homemade band mill, home made log loader and trailer, 1993 ford 1 ton,1996 Chevy 1Ton dump, 2010 john deere 5065M with loader, 1987 trackless with blower, 576 husky,565 husky 372husky, homemade processor in the build stage, 900 david brown. 2 fordson majors. Life Long Collector

Adrian lucas

G'day mate
Hydraulic flow on most machines is calculated at working rpm anything greater than that the oil flows over the main relief valve unless it is directed to a function this is why when a machine is is idling you have very little pressure and flow power steering is a perfect example little assistance at idle as the rpm increases so does the assistance up to a certain point where the pressure is relieved
Cheers summercutter

Thank You Sponsors!