iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shovel Logging/Forwarder/Skidder all in one

Started by Bobus2003, March 09, 2011, 10:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobus2003

redlaker1

wonder if they have a buncher head version so you could fell and load the clambunk...  that would be sweet,  I saw a video of one from timberpro?   

cant imagine what the price tag on a track/undercarriage overhaul on that unit would be...    scary     

Autocar

It's pretty niffty ,but the left side of the tractor looks like it would be a blind spot for the operator. I wouldn't want to be there the day it throws a track off  ;D
Bill

lumberjack48

If i was back in the game i would like a cut to length skidder, and load truck or trailer on landing, the wood should never touch the ground on till it gets to the mill, that's what you call [ Hot Logging ] 8)

The tracks would really be good in places, but you can't get around the experience and its slow, you can't beat rubber tires, we all know this.

When my father and me logged together we never logged more than we could haul everyday, always fresh wood.  :)

Anytime you have wood laying around you lose 10+% right off the top.  :(

I've had as much as 1000 cds laying out in the sun many times, a lot of guys don't realize this is the way mills operate, they do this purposely.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

bkellyvtme

Could you please post a link. My computer can not see the machine or video in the first post. Thanks, stupid computer.

GDinMaine

Here you go  .... I tried to copy and paste the link but it goes straight to the vid.
Put www in the fron of this

.youtube.com/watch?v=rucFkdeRBBA&feature=player_embedded
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

bkellyvtme

redlaker1

timberprounit is a neat idea but at a purchase price of probably 5 or 6 hundred K (canada) i don't think you could ever pay for it
this is based on the idea that the buncher only works when the skidder is parked and when the skidder is hauling the buncher is parked
add tracks into the picture (slooooow) and i think you might as well sit and burn your money, 1 dollar bill at a time
(just my opinon)  still neat ideas though

bushmechanic

A great machine for sensitive areas but looks like cycle time would be too long for to make any production with it.

Thank You Sponsors!