iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goat on the loose!!!

Started by Alcranb, December 29, 2014, 12:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcranb

A heads up to You folks on the Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire and Southern Maine borders.......

ON THE RUN: Escaped goat kicks off late-night Lowell chase
By By Chelsea Feinstein, cfeinstein@lowellsun.com
Sat, 27 Dec 2014, 02:34 AM
LOWELL -- A goat milked his night out for all its was worth Friday, escaping from his home in Tewksbury and taking a joy run through parts of Lowell.

Around 10:50 p.m. Friday night, Lowell police officers responded to Newhall Street to try to capture an escaped goat that had been wandering the streets, according to police-radio broadcasts.

The goat, which an officer suggested may have weighed about 200 pounds, was not immediately apprehended by police.

"He's running like a gazelle," one officer observed over the radio. Shortly afterward, the officer said he had lost sight of the goat, which had taken off down the street. One officer speculated that he might have gone down to the river to grab a drink.

Around 11:20 p.m., a dispatcher reported that police had made contact with the goat's owner, a Tewksbury resident, and that a reunion between the goat and the owner was being coordinated.

The goat was later sighted near the Catcher's Mitt at 726 Gorham St. and again at Gorham and Moore streets before being corraled by an animal-control officer on Iowa Street as its owners were en route.

As of midnight, the animal control officer was arranging for the goat's owners to meet him on Iowa Street to get their goat, who the officer said was "getting a little antsy."

At 12:15 a.m., the animal-control officer reported that he had the goat pinned -- but then it got away. By 12:30 a.m., the goat had made its way down to the tracks at the Gallagher Terminal, still on the loose.

At 12:45 a.m., the animal-control officer reported the goat had "jumped off the bridge" and was headed back toward Moore Street.

At 1:20 a.m., a patrolman reported spotting the goat by the intersection of Chelmsford and Westford streets. The goat then headed down Middlesex Street toward the Lowell police precinct.

Radio transmission at 1:22 a.m.: "Did anybody bring a lasso?"

Radio transmission at 1:24 a.m.: "He's gone."

Radio transmission at 1:28 a.m.: "Apparently the goat's name is Dennis. He might come if he's called."    :snowball:
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

He was falsely accused ! I'm mean we have to stick together.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

So Dennis is now a fugitive.

I heard the authorities have called in Dog the Bounty Hunter.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Alcranb

Poston, if he's kin you might want to try and intervene before it's to late  :'(  Lowell is a very diversified city with a strong Asian population if you get my drift  ;) 
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

You can't tell me the cops weren't  having a blast with that call, I know I would have been  :D.

JB Griffin

Poston your gonna have to have a talk with your citfied cousin, causing all that trouble. ;)
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JB Griffin on December 29, 2014, 03:26:38 PM
Poston your gonna have to have a talk with your citfied cousin, causing all that trouble. ;)

He was abused as  KID.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

HOOVES UP, DON'T SHOOT!"

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WmFritz

Looks like the Posse is forming!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

loggah

Even a goat is smart enough to get the "H--L" out of Lowell mASS.!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

slider

He was giving the peace sign don't shoot.
al glenn

Holmes

Hey I was just working in a good section of Lowell last week. Nice quiet area, cemetery , send the KID over ;D
Think like a farmer.

coxy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 29, 2014, 03:47:51 PM
                           HOOVES UP, DON'T SHOOT!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thecfarm

That Poston sure does come up with some good ones!!!!!   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JB Griffin

Quote from: thecfarm on December 29, 2014, 06:30:41 PM
That Poston sure does come up with some good ones!!!!!   ;D

Don't he though. :D :D :D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: loggah on December 29, 2014, 04:41:17 PM
Even a goat is smart enough to get the "H--L" out of Lowell mASS.!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

He knows he's safe there. The only thing anyone has ever caught in Lowell is crabs..... or was that Peabody?

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodmills1

Lowell is 8 minutes from my house
read the story in my morning paper    The Lowell Sun

ONE TOUGH OLD GOAT
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

WmFritz

Quote from: woodmills1 on December 30, 2014, 08:19:37 PM
ONE TOUGH OLD GOAT

Maybe we need to move this topic to the food section so we can track down a good marinade.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WmFritz on December 30, 2014, 11:34:28 PM
Quote from: woodmills1 on December 30, 2014, 08:19:37 PM
ONE TOUGH OLD GOAT

Maybe we need to move this topic to the food section so we can track down a good marinade.  :)

Might be good with grits...

sawguy21

Goats and grits seem to be attracted to each other. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!